276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ROCOTACTICAL Sniper Ghillie Viper Hood Lightweight Ghillie Suit Base

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The hybrid ghillie is an interesting evolution for the hunter to consider. It’s also a texturing technique applicable to the tactical ghillie. Combining traditional jute and garnish with the 3D cut fabric improves outline breakup. Key features of a ghillie suit Quality construction Fixed an issue where changing night vision would change the Ops-Core Fast Helmet Visor into the Ops-Core Fast Helmet Covered.

An expensive suit can be bought which already has a good deal of camouflage built in. It will likely look like a basic camo with a flap on it. The ghillie suit is one of the most iconic pieces of individual kit you will find in the military. For snipers, it is a vital piece of gear that has remained conceptually unchanged since it was first employed by Scottish gamekeepers in the late nineteenth century. The word ghillie (gille) is of Scottish origin, but while its origins may appear modest, its impact on the battlefield is significant. Camouflage and concealment are essential hallmarks of fieldcraft for snipers in their traditional tactical roles.

On this circumstances you may opt for a ghillie hood instead of a full body ghillie suit, but ... What is exactly a ghillie hood?

Cheaper suits can also be bought which only break up your outline (no camo, only a solid color), but with a few branches and such from your surrounding attached, it can blend in quite nicely. Ed from Silly ghillie kindly sent one of his crafted hoods to have a look at, as he knows I’m a big fan of crafting! In this post I’ll be showing you how the hood looks on it’s own, worn and out in the wild, while discussing some of the techniques that Silly Ghillie has used. I’d personally recommend him to anyone who wants something crafted, whether it’s a suit, rifle wrap, mask etc. As I’ve said for years, if you have the time and energy to learn to craft yourself then go for it, there’s a ton of resources out there in groups like Sniper ops where you can learn. Fixed an issue where the Fourth Echelon Top would clip with multiple facemasks on female character.Fixed an issue where the Pathfinder's challenge (kill enemies with a headshot from more than 150 m) could be complete using the Sync Shot. Fixed an issue where the Commissar Shirt | Sharpshooter would clip with the 5.11 Tactical Plate Carrier vest on female character in customization menu.

You have a few options of Ghillie Hoods available, from a standard head and shoulder, cape style and even various pre crafted ones. Though I’d personally suggest making your own hoods and suits, as 90% of the art of concealment is the ability to craft, identify your surroundings and where/when things do or do not work, having someone doing this for you will cost you a lot of money as you are having to pay someones time, which can be upwards of 50+ hours. Fixed an issue where High-Value elimination missions could be completed during the Golem Island raid.

You might also like

There is no right answer. There are multiple options and approaches one can take when making a Ghillie Suit. Some may use burlap strips, whereas others will opt for raffia, etc. The best solution depends heavily on the current environment where Ghillie should blend in. Below are some images of the Ghillie Rifle Wrap, one without the elastic bands on, just showing the basic rifle wrap and how it’s broken up, not overcrowded and simple. The next image has the elastic bands on and I’ve thrown on some real foliage to show how it looks.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment