276°
Posted 20 hours ago

7artisans 35mm f0.95 Large Aperture APS-C Mirrorless Cameras Lens Compact for Fuji X-T1 X-T2 X-T3 X-T20 X-T30 X-E1 X-E2 X-E3

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

So sorry for the late reply! I hope you’re doing good! Thanks for reading my review. It means a lot, and it’s great to hear from you! AF wise, I can't comment much. I use it on an older X-T2, and don't use CAF; only simple small-point SAF for my shooting, and it works absolutely fine like that.. So, that’s about it for my first impressions of this lens. I’ve been a bit busy lately but wanted to at least post something up about the 7artisans 35mm f0.95. I will probably get a model shoot going to further test this lens, so stay tune for the full review, which should be coming out soon. I have to say, when you factor in the build, price, versatility, focal length, and of course, that f0.95 aperture, this lens is pretty impressive. Anyway, thanks for stopping by! My only grip with this lens is it's size - I value compactness, and I feel a 35mm lens ought to be smaller.. IQ wise, it is very good.. Images just seems to have a high clarity and "pop". Are you interested in trying a remote shoot? You should…it’s a great experience. I can recommend someone if you want.

35mm f/0.95 APS-C lens for E/EOS-M/FX/M43/Z/EOS-R 35mm f/0.95 APS-C lens for E/EOS-M/FX/M43/Z/EOS-R

Optically it's very similar to XF 35mm F1.4, but has faster and quieter AF, and shorter camera lag. I think I understand your point about corner sharpness for lenses like these— let’s see if I got this right. Say you’re using this wide open to get a portrait. Corner sharpness might even be a distraction from the effect you’re trying to get? One final thing to note regarding the build quality is that the this lens will mount onto your X-Pro3 without ruining your lens mount release button like some of the early Viltrox lenses did. The mounting-ring itself is made from a gorgeous shiny graphite colour that again just oozes quality! Specifications

My favourite 35mm / manual focus / vintage-style lens is still the 7artisans 35mm f1.2 MkII - nice compact, classical design, with good handling, and good overall IQ.. Ever since I started publishing some images that I took with this new 7artisans 35mm f0.95 lens, the predominant question from a lot of people has been: “How does it compare to the Mitakon 35mm f/0.95 mk2?” Yes, Mitakon 35mm V1 suffers from numerous optical issue. But Mitakon V2 is just totally different lens. With such a large maximum aperture, and focal length of 50mm (75mm equivalent), one would think that this lens would be huge but considering what it is, the size of it is actually quite manageable. In other words, it’s really not that big. I would argue it’s actually compact given what its capabilities are. I had this lens mounted on my Fuji X-T3 for weeks, and it’s something that balances very nicely on the camera.

7artisans Photoelectric 35mm f0.95 First Impressions 7artisans Photoelectric 35mm f0.95 First Impressions

L’optique est délivrée dans un bel étui en cuir 2 Optical performances / Performances Optiques 2.1 Sharpness /Piqué Only differences: on the 7artisans the aperture ring has a different sculpt and turns to the right from 0.95 to max. Risespray aperture ring turns to the left.Now something the review made me think of. I’ve read some of the review of the M version of the 50mm (say at phillipreeve). The off center sharpness wasn’t all that great. So, what I wondered was whether the APS-C crop factor kind of cropped out the weaker areas? If so, that’s a great argument for using this kind of lens on, say, my X-E3. The aperture construction is made from no less than 12 blades. They’re rounded and ensure a completely circular lens opening right from f/0.95 all the way down to f/16. It’s not all that common to find 12 blade aperture lenses these days. A very cool choice. Thanks for all that. That is indeed pretty minimal difference and I've heard a lot of good things about the TT f1.2. I mostly wanted f0.95 to mess around with and see how many select focus shots I could get at greater distances (i.e. more medium format look). I'm not a portrait shooter, so it'd just be a specialty look fun lens.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment