276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Film for Her

£7.995£15.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

By publishing your document, the content will be optimally indexed by Google via AI and sorted into the right category for over 500 million ePaper readers on YUMPU. Jonze's long-time director of photography, Lance Acord, was not available to work on the movie. In his place, Jonze hired Hoyte Van Hoytema. [25] In discussing the film's look, Jonze told Van Hoytema that he wanted to avoid a dystopian look, instead the two decided on a style that Van Hoytema termed "kind of a hybrid between being a little bit conceptual and being very theoretical", [25] Van Hoytema took particular inspiration from Japanese photographer Rinko Kawauchi. [25] In keeping with the film's theme, Van Hoytema sought to eliminate the color blue as much as possible, feeling it was too well associated with the sci-fi genre. [25] He also felt that by eliminating the color it would give the rest of the colors "a specific identity". [25] Filming [ edit ] It took me a bit to get into Carloto's style at the beginning -I'm mostly used to Shakespeare and Keats, as an English major-, but, once I'd been reading for thirty minutes, I couldn't stop. I was afraid that I wasn't going to like this as much as I liked Flux, since I read Flux when I had just started my degree and I was impressionable (and I would read any kind of poetry thrown at me just to say that I read poetry, even if the words didn't make sense and the author was just writing the book to earn some money), but that wasn't the case. Carloto grew, in a way, alongside me, and it has been delightful to be a part of that journey. Toro, Gabe (October 13, 2013). "NYFF: Spike Jonze And His 'Her' Cast Decode Romance In The Age Of Technology". Indiewire. Archived from the original on October 16, 2013 . Retrieved December 4, 2013.

Families can talk about the relationship between Samantha and Theodore. How is their relationship similar to traditional couplings? How is it different? Is this kind of relationship really far-fetched? a b Starnes, Joshua (December 13, 2013). "Her". ComingSoon. Archived from the original on February 13, 2015 . Retrieved February 13, 2015. Mendelson, Scott (December 11, 2013). "Review: 'Her' Is Inventive, Thoughtful, And Humane". Forbes. Archived from the original on March 30, 2015 . Retrieved February 13, 2015.Orion Carloto is a writer, poet, and influencer born and raised in a small town in Georgia. Popularly known on Youtube, Orion seeks to create a visual dream world for the lovers, the dreamers, and the brokenhearted. Growing up with her nose in a book and in her very own imagination, it came to no surprise that she wanted to write a book of her very own one day. Pulling inspiration from her personal adventures growing up, being in love, and the brutal pain of losing it all, she dug deep in her own woes and allowed the sorrows to fuel her writing. Orion now lives in New York with her feline lovers, Atticus and Lolita, and enjoys collecting mugs, baking sweets, sipping hot coffee, shooting with her film camera, French films, and the color yellow. Jones, J. R. (February 5, 2014). "This Is Between Me and Her (And Spike Jonze)". Chicago Reader. Archived from the original on September 12, 2015 . Retrieved January 22, 2015. There's a lot of suffering in here, she writes about self-doubt and fighting with self-hatred, she romanticises past relationships and daydreams about new ones. All of this is fine, I guess, yet I felt her way words were as mundane as the themes she chose to write about. Writing about the every day only becomes intriguing once you display it in a new light, not when you write about it in an equally every day manner. Zacharek, Stephanie (December 17, 2013). " Her: iLove, American Style". The Village Voice. Archived from the original on December 31, 2014 . Retrieved January 22, 2015.

A mix of personal poetry and photography, Film for Her is a documentation of growing up. While I liked the theme and found the photos to be really interesting (especially in the 90s indie band album cover style of composition), the poems weren't for me. A good example is 'Reflections after January': Eggertsen, Chris (November 14, 2013). " 'Her' Q&A: Spike Jonze on why he replaced Samantha Morton with Scarlett Johansson". Hitflix. Archived from the original on February 23, 2015 . Retrieved September 18, 2015. Travers, Peter (December 18, 2013). " 'Her' Movie Review". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on September 29, 2017 . Retrieved May 11, 2014. From Agnes—With Love", episode 140 of The Twilight Zone, relating the mishaps faced by a meek computer programmer when the world's most advanced computer falls in love with him. The 21st Century's 100 greatest films". BBC. August 23, 2016. Archived from the original on November 24, 2016 . Retrieved September 24, 2016.The 2014 Village Voice Film Critics' Poll | the Village Voice". Archived from the original on December 10, 2015 . Retrieved July 16, 2020. Just a picture in there that says “it’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to” ….. and she was serious. Strangely this book carried a weird sense of nostalgia, though I have not experienced the things Orion discusses the same way or at all. Though something about seems so beautiful and pure, like the colours you see as a kid. I enjoyed those moments. Puig, Claudia (December 18, 2013). "Joaquin Phoenix makes a connection with 'Her' ". USA Today. Archived from the original on February 21, 2015 . Retrieved February 13, 2015.

Keong, Lori (May 22, 2013). "Scarlett Johansson, Chris Pratt Added to Spike Jonze Sci-Fi Film Her". Paste Magazine. Archived from the original on February 13, 2015 . Retrieved February 13, 2015. The wildly funny, occasionally heartbreaking internationally bestselling memoir about growing up, growing older, and learning to navigate friendships, jobs, loss, and love along the ride Neill, Jay (February 5, 2023). "Where Was Her Filmed: Discovering the Magic Behind the Scenes". iFilmThings . Retrieved June 22, 2023.With both pen and camera lens, Orion Carloto captures the dreamlike beauty of memory.Film for Her is a story book of people, places, and memories captured on film. Through photographs, poetry, prose, and a short story, Orion Carloto invites readers to remember the forgotten and reach into the past, find comfort in the present, and make sense of the intangible future. Film photography isn’t just eye candy it’s timeless and romantic— HIFF2013: Day 4 Highlights". Hamptons International Film Festival. October 12, 2013. Archived from the original on September 6, 2015 . Retrieved February 13, 2015. Clear strings of motifs and topics discussed and apparent in the book, though oftentimes felt overly discussed. a b Greco, Patti (January 7, 2014). "Bill Hader Explains His Voice Cameo in Her". New York. Archived from the original on April 9, 2015 . Retrieved February 13, 2015.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment