276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Anatomy and Physiology For Dummies, 3rd Edition (For Dummies (Lifestyle))

£10.495£20.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Also, make sure to get a good foundational knowledge of anatomic cavities, anatomic positions (standard positions when looking at an anatomical drawing), and anatomic planes. As such, this book abandons the old technique of learning all the anatomy and then the physiology as though the two were independent. Data Duped guides readers to discern the differences between the plausible and the ridiculous along a journey of informed critical thinking and data literacy. First, though, be completely clear in your mind about the boundary between scientific anatomy and physiology on the one hand and personal clinical details on the other.

Refinements and enhancements of X-ray techniques were developed all through the 20th century, with extensive use and major advances during World War II.The parathyroid glands are not large, but certainly way bigger than "a grain of rice") - and this makes me question how factual the physiology information is. This publication reaches over 15,000 people in and around the Winston-Salem community, and SmittysNotes. Understand the meaning of terms in anatomy and physiology Get to know the body's anatomical structures? By 1900, X-rays were in widespread use for the early detection of tuberculosis, at that time a common cause of death. The second is the spinal cavity, the space within the vertebrae where the spinal cord runs through your body.

It’s entirely within the norms of evolutionary theory that people would be most interested in their own species, so more humans find human anatomy and physiology more interesting than the anatomy and physiology of the tree. Variety Sapiens: Some species get a varietal name, usually indicating a difference that’s obvious but not necessarily important from an evolutionary point of view.Genus Homo: The human species is the only surviving species of our genus, though this genus included several species in the evolutionary past. Materials are obviously diluted but generally more accessible than the Very Short Introductions series. That being said, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a book that covers such a complex topic explained in plain English. Human anatomy is the science of the human body’s structures — things that can be touched, weighed, and analyzed.

The main planes and their subplanes are in the following list:

\n
    \n
  • \n

Sagittal: The plane that runs down through the body, dividing the body into left and right portions.Then you can put the meanings of different fragments together and accurately guess the meaning of a term you’ve never seen before, just as you can understand a sentence you’ve never read before. Digital imaging techniques began to be applied to convert multiple flat-slice images into one three-dimensional image. After you’ve been through it all quickly once, go back and reread chapters you found particularly interesting, relevant, or puzzling. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.

With the help of this book, hearing the terminology and topics in a classroom will not be as foreign to me as I have never studied this area before. The blood vessels are an excellent example: They serve as a transportation network, delivering nutrients produced by the digestive system to the skeletal muscles to provide energy for locomotion and to the uterus to support the developing fetus.Biography: Erin Odya is an anatomy and physiology teacher at Carmel High School in Carmel, Indiana, one of Indiana's top schools. In conclusion, I found Anatomy and Physiology for Dummies was both a good read and a useful source of information that would probably be of help to pre-medical students or those, like me, who just wish to know more about the ultimate science. You'll learn the body's structures and discover how they function with expert help from the book's easy-to-use teaching features.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment