276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Myers Rum, 70 cl

£14.555£29.11Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This cookie is set by Rubicon Project to control synchronization of user identification and exchange of user data between various ad services. There are many quality light rums available, and most are very reasonably priced. While it's easy to grab a bottle you're familiar with, try to look beyond the big brand names like Bacardi. You may find that some of the lesser-known brands are superior in taste and mixability. Records the default button state of the corresponding category & the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie. This Special Gold rum is on the lighter and sweeter side among the Gold Rums, with notes of fruit, orange, and caramel.

Myers’s has been in production since 1879. It is a blend of up to 9 continuous and pot stilled Jamaican rums. It is aged for up to 4 years in small oak barrels. The rum is produced by National Rums of Jamaica Ltd (Long Pond/Monymusk Distilleries) and is bottled by Myers Rum Company in Nassau, Bahamas. The front of the bottle states that is the company which succeeded Fred L Myers of Kingston, Jamaica. The rear of the bottle states that the rum was imported into the UK by Fred L Myers and Son Co. London. The brand overall is owned by beverage powerhouse Diageo. National Rums of Jamaica runs Monymusk, a shared venture between two private companies and a branch of the Jamaican government. Flavored rums typically rums take on the flavor of tropical fruits and can be great for adding a little flavor to tropical drinks. There are also a number of drink recipes that specifically call for flavored rum, especially coconut rum or mango rum. Worthy Parks’ dark rums feature deep undertones, and the palate and nose contain banana, orange, pineapple, and tropical fruit fragrances. FAQs

Tradition in a Glass

If you are expecting an in-depth discussion of how this rum is made, you are going to be sorely disappointed, much like I was. There is little to no information publicly available regarding the production process, but I have tried to piece together the best understanding I have of what’s happening here. If you’re looking for something a little different, you can also mix dark rum with fruit juices, sparkling water, or soda. For example, you could make a dark and stormy with ginger beer and lime juice, or a rum and Coke with dark rum and Coke Zero. Read the label on gold-colored rums to learn a bit about their production (not all are revealing, however). Some gold rums are blends of rums of various ages, and others are straight rum aged for a specific amount of time. Typically among cheaper rum, you'll also encounter rum that's blended with other spirits and some that contain artificial colors to give them the amber color.

According to one source Myers’s Rum is an extremely popular dark rum in NAAFI’s (Naval, Army and Air Force Institutes) across the world. I wonder how much of this is the Navy. In many ways Myers’s would make a good substitute for a Navy Rum.The dark rum is commonly used in mixed drinks. It is also a common cooking ingredient in a variety of both sweet and savory recipes. I was searching for a drink that is easy to make and I tried them all. Vodka lemon, Whiskey sour, Averna sour, and many more (ok I skipped Tequila...). So I worked my way through the supermarket's liquor shelf from left to right. One day I found myself in front of the far right side of that shelf, the rum area. Why We Like It: Clarendon distillery, a massive, modern distillery partly owned by the parent company of Captain Morgan, crafts Monymusk rums.

Myer’s Rum has an astonishing history that is little noted today. It has been diluted in age and in its strength such that it is barely recognizable now. As you wrote kindly of it, let me also speak kindly of the (virtually) dead.The Fred L Myers Company was founded in 1879. It built a distillery in Kingston on the tract now occupied by the Univ. of the West Indies. The distillery burned in 1917 and was not rebuilt. The sources of the marks that are blended for it are a deeply held secret. I know that Monymust goes into it and probably Long Pond because Myers was once owned by Seagrim, as were those distilleries. Not many rum brands make 151 rum. Bacardi 151 was popular for a number of years, but that has been discontinued and you'll need to use a substitute in recipes that call for it. You may have to search to find one of these, though Cruzan is one of the more widely distributed options. Founded in 1869, the Sazerac Company was named after a bar they acquired in New Orleans, the Sazerac Coffee House. Following the establishment of the company, they started marketing and distributing brands of liquor under their name. They produce liquor under various brand names, and in 2019 the brand was further sold to the British spirits giant Diageo. Product

Original Dark

If you want to guarantee the quality of your flavored rum, try infusing it yourself. Light rum is an ​ideal candidate for homemade infusions.

The most exciting part is that Monymusk introduces three Jamaican rums: Special Reserve, Classic Gold Rum, and Special Gold Rum – rum-aged for at least two years using American oak barrels. Why We Like It: One of the best Jamaican rums, the Royal Jamaican Spiced Rum is a molasses-type of rum made from sugar cane and aged in oak barrels on the island. This is delectable on its own or with your favorite mixer. Yes, you can sip Myers rum. In fact, it’s a popular drink choice for many people. Myers rum is a dark rum that is made in Barbados. It has a smooth, rich flavor that many people enjoy. There are a few different ways to drink Myers rum. Some people like to sip it straight, while others like to mix it with other drinks. It can be mixed with cola, fruit juices, or other types of liquor.This is one of the best Jamaican rum brands, especially if you’re a fan of honey-infused yet spicy and smoky spirits. Also, if you’ve tried Appleton Estate before, the Royal Jamaican Spiced Rum has subtly more columns on a lighter side. 1. Worthy Park 109

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment