276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Peak Design - Capture camera clip for V3 camera.Black.

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Peak Design continues to bring a photographers-first approach to their design with a very strong sense for what works and what doesn’t. In this writer's opinion, the new Capture Clip falls squarely in the "works" column. What we like: Plus I always feel like a National Geographic photographer or something when I press the release button down and whip the camera out of its holster. Versatility At a weight of 70 grams for the clip and 14 grams for the standard plate, it’s also a very light accessory. But as a photographer who hikes a lot, I’m always delighted to shed any amount of unnecessary weight. As such I’d be interested in a lighter alternative to aluminum and steel, perhaps carbon fiber. Even at a higher cost, this would likely be a consideration for many creators like myself. Its solid construction also helps me feel confident that our very expensive lenses and cameras are securely strapped to our bodies as we climb over tree roots, logs, and whatever else we encounter on the trail or out in our travels. We’ve never once had an issue—or heard of any other user—having some kind of malfunction that led to dropping delicate camera gear.

As I mentioned earlier in this review, the Capture Clip can be of use wherever you might imagine attaching it. Mainly, I see its application in landscape or event photography. I furthermore see it as an alternative for harness systems, which are often used for events like weddings or portrait sessions. In this case, you’re flipping the direction of the Capture Clip so that it attaches to a horizontal belt rather than a vertical strap, but the result is otherwise the same. An interesting design aspect of the Capture Clip is that the standard camera plate (unlike many Arca Swiss style plates) is completely square and therefore symmetrical. It can slide into the capture clip in any direction, so whether you want your camera pointed up, down, or sideways, you can do so easily.It's now the third generation of this device. Why are they doing their R&D at the cost of customers? Okay, basically all R&D departments are not working for free, but some come to market with finished products. Examples?

Listen, one of my favorite things about using the Capture Clip is that I feel like A Real Photographer™ whilst wearing my camera strapped proudly to my chest.Neither of my travel tripods use an ARCA plate, so I have to change out. That means I have to carry around the hex wrench. A bit of a bummer for sure. Please complete the form below for a quote - Please be as accurate as possible to help us give an accurate quote. There are two main locations that I’ve seen photographers attach the Capture Clip to their belt: at their hip and at the inside of their leg. 2.1. Belt-Mounted at the Hip I’m telling this story because it shows one minor niggle with the Capture Clip. If your tripod isn’t compatible, like my smaller tripods, then you’ll need to remove the plate from your camera using the allen key. This can be a minor nuisance and leaves the plate at risk of being lost on a mountain if you’re a numpty like me. Still, there are some tripods that do work with the plate in place, as well as some alternative plates and adapters for various uses.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment