276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ASICS Men's Gel-Cumulus 23 Trainers

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Flytefoam has come a long way. What used to be a really firm, unforgiving foam only suited for fast runs, has now become softer, more lively and more versatile. I had a little heel slip, but there’s a second lace hole at the top of the patter and the laces are long enough to do a modified lacing technique that solved any issues. Overall: B- (Great shoe for midfoot/forefoot strikers. Heel strikers should look elsewhere. Very nice fit but clunky heel) However, this shoe isn’t exclusively for beginners. If you’re a seasoned marathoner and need to log a lot of miles, you’ll want this shoe in your rotation. It’s a great classic—you can’t go wrong. All traditional EVA shoes tend to stiffen up in cooler temps, and this was no exception. After 20 minutes in our freezer test the flex on this shoe stiffened up 52.4%, the average shoe stiffened just 21%. Reflective elements on the heel

Even at tempo speeds of 4.25 minutes per kilometer, the Cumulus 23 didn’t feel like it was out of its comfort zone. Towards the rear, you get a traditional rigid internal heel counter sandwiched in ample padding that runs around the heel and ankle. You want a budget, lightweight shoe. If weight is your focus, the ASICS Hyper Speed is still budget-minded but almost 2 ounces lighter. In a world where daily trainers have carbon plates and super foam midsoles, the dependable ASICS Cumulus 23 still doesn’t feel like a boring shoe.Ferrari, J., Hopkinson, D. A., & Linney, A. D. (2004). Size and shape differences between male and female foot bones: is the female foot predisposed to hallux abducto valgus deformity?. Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association, 94(5), 434-452. Recently, ASICS has been pushing the boundaries of innovation and has launched some very exciting shoes.

And among the most significant changes are the gender-specific features on the Cumulus 23. As mentioned above, the midsole’s cushion is different in both men’s and women’s shoes, and the Trusstic System™ provides support. I think this helped make a huge difference because this shoe felt great on my feet. Also, at 24.3N on our lace slip test, the lace outperformed other recently tested shoes like the Saucony Endorphin Speed 2 which measured in at only 13.8. Traditional midsole performs poorly in the cold

Internationak Delivery

One of the biggest pros of this shoe is that it doesn’t distract from your run. I’ve had shoes in the past that have a lot of technology that makes it easy to think about the shoe instead of your run. That’s not the case here. The technology is simple, and the comfort is there. The simple midsole and upper make it hard to want to take this shoe off. New Gender-Specific Features I agree with Derek about the Ghost 13 which for me combines an (overly) soft midsole with an overly firm outsole and too much flex. Fit: A- (Secure, slightly snug fit. Toebox is slightly tapered but does stretch. Upper comfortable against bare skin) I would choose the Cumulus over the Nimbus for long runs and for faster runs but I prefer the Nimbus for easy and recovery runs. The ASICS GEL-CUMULUS™ range is designed for neutral runners, which is when your foot lands on the heel, rolls in, before pushing off from across the front of the foot. Not sure if the GEL-CUMULUS™ is the perfect fit for you? Read our Shoe Finder guide to find the right footwear for your needs.

Walking around in the Cumulus 23, I could feel that the layer directly underfoot was less spongy than the Nimbus 23 with less of a sink-in sensation. When I first saw pictures of the Cumulus 23 online, my initial thought was that it looks very similar to the Nimbus 23. A softer GEL™ technology unit is positioned under the heel to improve cushioning while the FLYTEFOAM™ midsole material helps create a smoother and more supportive ride. Formed with a sustainable compound in the outsole, the ASICS LITE Rubber is soft and designed to improve durability in high-impact areas. From time to time carriers may deliver earlier or later, or on non working days however this is cannot be guaranteed nor should it be expected.Stability: B- (Neutral shoe. However narrow midfoot and posterior/lateral heel flare creates excessive load/instability) When I held it in hand, the upper mesh felt noticeably better than the previous version: softer and more premium. While the Nike Pegasus, New Balance 880, Saucony Ride and Hoka Clifton receive upper-only updates every other year, you can expect the Cumulus to get a brand new upper, midsole and outsole every year. I did notice that I could feel the edges of the outsole lugs through the forefoot and it felt slightly lumpy. This is because of a big difference in density between the midsole foam and the outsole rubber.

Plenty of forgiving cushion with a smooth geometry for any type of run from slowest to fastish paces Sam

That’s because the Cumulus is the textbook definition of a comfortable, daily trainer with a versatile ride character. It’s a multipurpose, do-everything shoe which is why it’s been such a crowd pleaser for over two decades. If you were to Google image search “daily training running shoe”, the odds are high that the Asics Cumulus would be one of the first images that pop up.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment