276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Betty Crocker Zesty Lemon Cake Mix, 425g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

No, this lemon drizzle cake is not vegan due to the use of eggs and butter, but if you want to substitute those for alternatives, I have included advice above. When it's come together, use the mixer to mix till smooth (This takes about 30 seconds.Do not overmix as overmixing might cause the cake to be dense). If not filled or covered in frosting, you can store lemon cake on the countertop for up to 3 days. Just wrap it in clingfilm and leave it on the worktop.If frosted or filled with icing, you should store it in the fridge. Use an electric mixer to mix till it turns pale (light in color) and is fluffy. This process takes about 15 minutes and is called creaming. Note: If using all-purpose flour, you’ll want to use 2-1/2 cups. You may notice a difference in crumb texture as well.

Just a lovely, simple Lemon Cake recipe – perfect tea time treat. You’ll love the bright lemon flavour, that it’s so beautifully moist and only requires one bowl and a whisk! This homemade lemon cake is sweet, yet slightly tart, and full of lemon flavor. I wasn’t shy when adding the lemon juice to this cake. Do not over-mix the batter or your cake will turn out dry. Use a whisk, not an electric mixer, to beat the ingredients together. You'll then poke deep holes in the warm lemon sponge and pour the syrup all over the top before leaving it to cool.Vanilla pudding mix: The vanilla pudding mix adds a nice vanilla flavor to the crumble. It’s great because it adds a little surprise of vanilla flavor when combined with the lemon portion of the crumble. Do not open the oven door in the first 25 minutes of baking as doing this will cause heat loss and if this happens when the cake is not set, it will sink in the middle.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the softened butter until smooth. Gradually add the sugar to the bowl and mix until combined. Add the lemon zest, then beat the butter mixture until light and fluffy.The downside was that my lemons had pips, so I had to do a fair bit of slicing and dicing to remove all of them – what I would do next time is work with the lemons over a bowl so that I do not lose any of the lovely juice while taking out pips! But it needs to be done as with this recipe the entire lemon goes in the cake! In a medium bowl add the Icing Sugar, melted butter, vanilla and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, stir to combine and add a tsp of water at a time until you have the consistency of stiff peanut butter. Taste the icing to see if it is lemony enough for you and add more lemon juice to the mixture if required. If flavour right but not spreadable enough add a few drops of water at a time until you have a lovely smooth spreadable icing. Making my own cake mix has turned into one of my favorite hobbies. It might not be as fast as opening up a box, but it’s pretty close. Not to mention the ingredient list is much shorter and without any additives and preservatives! Wrong size tin: Using a too big, narrow, shallow or wide tin can mean that the mix is too deep to cook all the way through and so isn’t able to hold its structure. Or its too shallow and has overbaked.

You can expect this cake to be ready in 60 minutes. 25 minutes for making the batter from scratch and 35 minutes for baking.You can leave it plain without icing if you prefer or fill and cover in other types of frostings like buttercream, whipped cream, or just lemon drizzle. Add the eggs to the butter mixture, one at a time. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl between additions to ensure everything is fully incorporated. Add the dry ingredients and the buttermilk mixture to the bowl last, alternating between the two. The drizzle is made of lemon juice and granulated sugar. It might sound too tangy, but trust me, it's the perfect drizzle for such cake. Once the cake is out of the oven, pour the drizzle over as soon as possible, so that the cake can soak up all that tangy drizzle. Expert Tips tablespoon of crushed chia or flax seeds mixed with 2 tablespoons of water and left for 10 minutes in the fridge.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment