276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Let's Eat: Recipes from my kitchen notebook

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I doubled the onions and mushrooms and was generous with the hot sauce and mustard, in keeping with my "more = better" stew rule. I can jabber for England and can be lured anywhere with something pink and sparkly or anything that smells nice. Let’s Eat is the published version, a great, casual cookbook, full of things you’d like to eat, some familiar, others of exotic provenance, a few a potent blend of the two. This amount includes seller specified domestic postage charges as well as applicable international postage, dispatch, and other fees. My wife swore that if she heard me mention this dish one more time, she’d shove it where the sun don’t beam.

Nor should we forgo slow-cooked lamb, roast Chinese duck, Keralan pork curry or rich jambalayas, cassoulets and daubes - you'll find recipes for all of these here.The author of The Year of Eating Dangerously and E is For Eating, he is the food editor of British Esquire, and has also written for Tatler and a variety of other publications. It begged for something green and fresh, so garnished with chopped cilantro and served with lime wedges - both excellent improvements. Despite the fact that I don’t eat meat (and Tom has some amazing meat based dishes here – from grouse to oxtail) I found plenty that I intend to try out for myself: ‘Lemon Risotto’, ‘Hot Buttered Crab’, ‘Trifle’, ‘Shrimp Broth’ etc. Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item. However, if cooking is new to you, you'll find lots of basic recipes for things like roast chicken and cauliflower cheese.

This is home cooking at its best – Fish Pie, Shoulder of Lamb with Pommes Boulanger, Noodle Soup, Treacle Tart – all shamelessly indulgent, but straightforward to prepare and affordable. There are also chapters on Quick fixes, such as stir fries and steaks, and on Slow and low, such as braises and casseroles. Guy Chambers performed an impromptu set on the piano, The Duchess of Cornwall stopped by to support her son by suggesting he didn't 'make another sweaty speech'. Despite the fact that I don't eat meat (and Tom has some amazing meat based dishes here - from grouse to oxtail) I found plenty that I intend to try out for myself: 'Lemon Risotto', 'Hot Buttered Crab', 'Trifle', 'Shrimp Broth' etc.So the only ingredient I couldn't get my hands on were those darned Thai birds-eye chilis that Parker Bowles loves so much - had to use jalapenos and Anaheims. I think I might like to try my hand at a fish pie again, but would like to explore some of the many other variations out there. The Brigadier, 2003-2004, Lucian Freud's monumental portrait of his father (he is the son of Camilla Parker Bowles, the Duchess of Cornwall, and Andrew Parker Bowles) is one of the highlights of our current Freud exhibition. I think, often, good solid recipes that ACTUALLY WORK get lost in the fashion and fluffery of food writing. Hearty fish goujons, lime-marinated prawns and roast chicken did the rounds all night (why doesn't all party food taste like it came from your mother's kitchen?

I was particularly interested in Tom's commentary on the debate about the origin of 'Sticky Toffee Pudding', because coming from Cumbria I had only ever heard the Ulswater version of the story.

Parker Bowles’s favorite recipes from his latest book, Let's Eat: Recipes from my Kitchen Notebook, and will include carefully selected wines. A chapter on Comfort Food is packed with family favourites such as My Mum's Roast Chicken and Fish Goujons with Pea Puree. The From far-flung shores chapter includes dishes inspired by Tom’s travels, such as ceviche, or Lime marinated prawns with avocado and there's a chapter on Cooking for children too.

Without cookies this site can not work properly, preventing you from logging in or storing your preferences. A chapter on Comfort food is packed with family favourites such as My mum's roast chicken and fish goujons with pea puree. The majority of pages are undamaged with some creasing or tearing, and pencil underlining of text, but this is minimal. The combination of all these things serves to make this a much more engaging recipe book than most, despite the fact that not every recipe is accompanied by a photograph (although most are).Some of the 140 recipes in this book are inspired by food cooked for him by friends and family, some by more formal dinners, some by his travels. This site uses cookies for the sole purpose of allowing its correct operation or for statistical purposes. Let's Eat is an irresistible hotchpotch of delicious recipes; a trusty cookbook and a very good read. Let’s Eat is an irresistible hotchpotch of delicious recipes; a trusty cookbook and a very good read.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment