276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hobby Lobby Sage Yarn Bee Eternal Bliss Yarn Chunky Knitting and Craft DIY Material, 28 Yards

£13.105£26.21Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Tube yarns are also known as “vegan wool” because they are made to replicate the large, chunky look of wool using cotton and polyester instead. They are called tub yarns because they are made up of a cotton tube that’s stuffed with cotton or polyester filling. This allows tube yarns to be washed – maybe even in your washing machine – in cool water. Additionally, the material is not nearly as prone to snagging as wool. Tube yarn is very easy to work with, and has a very cool, modern look when knitted up into a blanket! One additional thing people like is that this yarn is heavy – I used just over ten pounds of tube yarn for my blanket. So a tube yarn blanket can be a nice weighted blanket option for people who find traditional weighted blankets too hot. But because of the open weave they aren’t as warm as traditional weighted blankets. (Be aware they are also not as soft and cozy as traditional blankets. It’s a different texture than any blanket I’ve made before, which is part of what makes it look so modern.) To complete the blanket, you need to finish off the edges. You will need to grab two loops and pull the working yarn through to make another loop. Keep doing this across the whole row. The edges should have the same braided look as the rest of the trim once you are finished. To secure the last loop, pull the working yarn through and tie it in a knot. Cut off any remaining/excess yarn. Thanks for stopping by and I hope I have inspired you to try to make one of these chunky blankets for yourself. You just never know what you can do until you try! Take a look at all the little knots. This is where the yarn crosses over each other. You should have 19 of them plus the loop.

In some of the rows you will be working your hdc in the 3rd loop. It is exactly the same as a normal Hdc except you will be working it in the extra “3rd Loop”. For this particular pattern the 3rd loop is on the side of the blanket closest to you. The reason we need to make sure we are finding the knots is because we want a pretty braid trim effect. It isn’t complicated once you get the hang of it. The hardest part is getting started. Once you get the hang of it you will be buzzing right along.Then skip the loop you just made, and continue knit stitching toward the left. Everytime you get to the end of a row you’ll stitch through the skipped loop from the row before. Everytime you start a going in a new direction, you’ll skip the very last loop you just made. This gives the sides of your blanket a braided finish. Joining New Yarn For the tube yarn blanket you can see below, I used 10.5 lbs of tube yarn, which was approximately 250 yards. My stitches were slightly smaller for that blanket, just over 2 inches. That blanket measures 50×54 inches. If I made it again, I’d make it slightly narrower, maybe 46 inches in width, so that it would be a bit longer and more of a rectangle than a square. Now you’ll start creating knit stitches, which is the simple stitch you’ll repeat to hand knit the whole blanket. You are ready to start your first row, working toward the left. Each time you start a new row, you will skip the first loop, which is the last one you just made. This gives you a more finished edge on each side of the blanket.

When you get to the end of the row, you will continue the process by going the other direction and pulling the yarn through those new loops you created. You will want to skip the first loop of the row, so the trim around the blanket will have a finished, braided look. Continue the process until you get to the desired length. When your working yarn reaches 2 1/2 to 3 feet long you will want to stop the row. Make sure that when you end the last row it should end at the right side. If you do not have enough yarn to reach the right side, you will need to unravel the rows until you have the last loop to your right. It is time to bind your blanket by casting off. Casting offTA-DA! You should now have a finished chunky knit blanket! It is going to look amazing in your home décor and feel to die for during those afternoon naps. 😉 You’ll be sure to love all the happiness and joy a new blanket can bring to your life, so stay cute and cozy all season wrapped in this DIY throw!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment