276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Zog

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It was obvious in the movie that Zog didn’t really fit in with the other dragons. Pearl’s story was also expanded so I gained more of an understanding of the role she was being trained to fill. I liked them in the book but their personalities came to life on screen and I was more focused on their friendship developing through the years. I smiled while I read but I laughed throughout the movie. Could you write a similar story showing what different creatures might learn at their own schools (e.g. a unicorn, a mermaid, a goblin)? Axel was born in Hamburg, Germany. At school he was good at art, but didn't think of a career in illustration until he won a cuddly purple cow in a drawing competition. He moved to England in 1982 to study illustration at the Bath Academy of Art, and then set up home in London. Class got into groups and came up with an action for each scene in the story. Volunteers then showed their actions to the class to remember the story. The little girl helps Zog at different points in the story. Can you learn some first aid? Could you make a poster to teach first aid skills to other people?

Imagine that you are the teacher at the dragon school. Plan a lesson to show what you want the pupils to learn. I also enjoyed the character of the leading lady, I can’t tell you her name without spoiling a plot twist! It was brilliant to have a strong minded girl at the centre of everything. She makes her own decisions, is very brave and gets her man. What more could you want? It is funny to see her sorting out the dragons and her knight. She makes very good life choices too, helping others and helping herself.I grew up in a tall Victorian London house with my parents, grandmother, aunt, uncle, younger sister Mary and cat Geoffrey (who was really a prince in disguise. Mary and I would argue about which of us would marry him). What a good idea!” I’d like to introduce you to my new favourite dragon, Zog. He’s Madam Dragon’s most enthusiastic student and he desperately wants to earn one of his teacher’s golden stars. Throughout the book Madam Dragon’s students learn all of the dragon basics, including flying, roaring and breathing fire. “Now that you’ve been shown, you can practise on your own” While Zog is practicing his new skills he encounters Pearl, a caring, friendly young girl. Throughout the years they continue to meet and become friends. Lesson 2: ‘Flying Lesson’ - I filmed all the children acting and then we watched the videos and described our flying styles as a class on a piece of sugar paper.

This book inspired and allowed me to teach the best two weeks of lessons I have ever taught. This book saw my confidence grow as a teacher and facilitated opportunities in the classroom I didn’t know were possible.

Reviews

Whilst ‘Zog’ may not quite have the feel of a Donaldson/Scheffler classic (a la ‘Gruffalo’ et al) it’s not far off and nevertheless it’s a very strong addition to their already impressive canon of excellent children’s books.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment