276°
Posted 20 hours ago

How To Raise The Perfect Dog: Everything you need to know from puppyhood to adolescence and beyond

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Let me start by saying that I grew up in a house full of dogs (when I graduated college, my parents had 4 indoor Shelties), and am currently a dog owner. As such, I can thoroughly appreciate Milan's television show, and have applied some of the principles he endorses to my own life to good effect. New York Times bestselling author, Cesar Millan shows you how to raise the perfect dog and prevent behavior issues before they start, including:

Every little pup needs tender, loving care. Try to spend the maximum time with your cuddly little buddy. Enjoy your time together by engaging in fun games and activities. You can easily train your dog while playing with it. Spending quality time helps create a strong bond between the owner and the little puppy. That’s not all. The puppy feels secure and will respond better to training instructions. Try to communicate with your little bow-wow as much as possible. Pups often give signs through behavioral habits. These behavioral signs are its medium of communicating with owners. Dog owners should therefore learn to observe these behavioral signs to understand the dog’s needs and feelings. 8. Be Consistent: Dog owners need to set up a schedule for their puppies. A schedule helps the puppy to get adjusted to a routine. It should be fed on time, taken for walks and outings, and has a fixed poop and pee schedule. Adhering to a schedule helps you predict your dog’s behavior and makes behavioral training easy. 5. Use Rewards: For those of you who do not know, Cesar Millan – He is a Mexican born American Self Taught Dog Trainer who gained World-Wide Fame with the Television Series ‘The Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan’ – which is currently in its 8th Season and being broadcast to over 80 countries worldwide. He has an unbelievable fan following along with books & DVD’s to his credit on Dog Training.I found some of the general advice in this book helpful. However, it wasn't quite what I expected. The idea of following actual dogs through their puppyhood is a great idea and seems promising--until you find out that all the puppies are from top-notch breeders and perfectly fit Millan's "calm-submissive" ideal. I know MY puppy certainly does not meet that ideal, nor is she from any sort of top-notch breeder, so it made a lot of the puppy-specific stories kind of useless. This book would be more helpful to read if you're in the process of getting a puppy and want to know what you should take into consideration. Introduce him to your other animals. If you have other dogs or cats in your home, you need to take your time introducing your new puppy to them. When you first bring your puppy home, keep him separate from your other animals. For their first meeting, find neutral territory, such as a neighbor's yard, a park, or other open space. There also needs to be a fence or other open but restricted barrier there so you can keep the animals apart. Having 2 cute dogs at home, along with a sweet-loving-wife who watches ‘The Dog Whisperer’ almost everyday with total excitement and yes, a full-blast volume (with me covering my ears thanks to my over-priced ear-phones while on my PC), I just had to read a few instructions from the world’s best and most famous Dog Trainer – Cesar Millan. While parts of this book did sound like one massive advert for specific puppy breeders, as a whole I found it interesting. Don't get me wrong. I love my four-legged kids, but when next time happens and I go and get myself another pup, I will do things differently. Cesar does have a few really good points about what to look for etc. (Although I will still get a rescue dog. I will not be supporting breeders while there are dogs who need homes.)

The final chapters discuss dog “adolescence” and the physical and behavioral changes that come with it, ending with an update of the happy, well-adjusted lives of the four puppies in their adoptive homes up to the time of writing. Spaying and neutering is advocated, relating the neutering of the English bulldog as proof of how it is a trauma-free and beneficial procedure. You need look no further than the disclaimer at the front of this book to realize that that Cesar Millan has no business pretending to be a dog trainer: All in all it's a good guideline, with a few sour spots like the over analyzing of certain things and some pointless stories. Still if you keep the important stuff from it, you 'll have a good idea of what to expect when a new puppy comes to your family. Read it along other books to get a wholesome idea.A great book for hardcore dog lovers and people who feel their entire life’s purpose and calling is a dog. A good book for those who feel they need to know how to look after a dog and whom consider that their dog is a part of their family. And an average book for those who feel a dog is a part of the family but in the end is a pet. From the bestselling author and star of National Geographic Channel's Dog Whisperer , the only resource you’ll need for raising a happy, healthy dog. I would say the one thing I learned was to treat your puppy the same way a mother dog does instead of treating them like human babies. Consistency is paramount when it comes to dog training. Dog parents need to be consistent with their training schedule as well as training norms. Frequently changing its pee location, sleeping spot, and even disciplinary rules confuse the little pet and this leads to delays in their training process. Do not make frequent changes to the dog’s preferred spots or pee locations. Be Consistent with your training program to help the pup get used to it sooner. 9. Training Tools and Toys:

From the bestselling author and star of National Geographic Channel’s Dog Whisperer, the only resource you’ll need for raising a happy, healthy dog.

Success!

From the bestselling author and star of National Geographic Channel's Dog Whisperer, the only resource you’ll need for raising a happy, healthy dog.

An easy, informative and actually helpful How To book exclusively for puppy parents. I have to admit that i was a bit skeptical after reading another book of his that had a few concepts in i wasn't very fond of.Hm, now what could you possibly do to your dog that might result in "adverse effects" (dog-speak for "getting bitten and/or creating a fearful and/or aggressive dog"). And if you ARE doing something that results in "adverse effects" ... gee, maybe that's a clue that you shouldn't be doing it. Cesar Millan is a best-selling author, public speaker, and the internationally acclaimed star of “Cesar 911,” as well as the original, Emmy-nominated host of the “Dog Whisperer” program. With “Cesar 911,” he brings more than 25 years of dog experience and his status as the most recognized and sought-after authority in the field of dog care and rehabilitation directly to communities terrorized by unruly hounds. The first twelve months or so of a dog's life are the hardest work, but Adam Spivey can help. He will help you both thrive as you learn to understand your dogs needs and behaviours. Adam's simple, straight-talking approach takes all the nonsense out of dog training and puts your pup at the centre of everything you do. Put a leash on all the animals and then put your new puppy on one side of the fence and your other animals on the other. Let them sniff each other through the barrier for around 30 minutes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment