276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Castle of Tangled Magic: Step into the fairytale world of bestselling Sophie Anderson, the perfect magical adventure!: 1

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I found The Castle of Tangled Magic to be an incredibly compelling read, the plot held my interest at every turn, the tension felt real and there was a real sense of danger and the risk-factor throughout were very high. Our characters faced a number of challenges throughout their adventure, keeping the pacing of the plot well driven throughout. It's difficult to put this book down as these characters are moving forward through their journey at such a danger fuelled tempo, you don't want to miss a minute of it. This might be my favourite book ever! (And I’ve read a lot of books!) I loved the twist near the end and the description used when the characters entered the land of forbidden magic. I liked that the story was written from Olia’s point of view so that all of the lessons that she learned were shared with the reader in the most effective way. I felt a mix of emotions when reading the story, as some parts were very sad while others were very happy. Welcome to The Castle of Tangled Magic read-along! There are 6 sections to this read-along, that correlate with the action of the book. For each section you’ll find: an extract prompt, a video message from the author, a discussion point, and a fun activity for the whole class. I absolutely adored this book, and flew through it in less than 24 hours. It has all of Anderson’s trademark heart and warmth in her writing, plus the Russian inspired tale is so well done, and so well woven into the storyline. When thirteen-year-old Olia, steps through a magical doorway, she discovers another land. A land tangled by magic, where hope is lost, and a scheming wizard holds all the power.

The Castle of Tangled Magic - Goodreads Books similar to The Castle of Tangled Magic - Goodreads

Ich mochte Olia, die sich ihrer Familie, ihren Freunden und der Natur sehr verbunden fühlt. Sie wirkt sehr echt mit all ihren vorwitzigen Taten und auch ihren Ängsten, die sie immer wieder verunsichern. Oft weiß sie nicht, ob sie richtig handelt oder ob sie sich bestimmten Dingen sicher sein kann. Hier fand ich es so schön, was die Großmutter zu ihr sagt: Sophie Anderson was born in Swansea, and now lives in the Lake District with her family. Her writing is most often inspired by folk and fairy stories, especially the Slavic tales her Prussian grandmother told her when she was young.I love Sophie Anderson’s writing, and I just knew that I was going to adore this newest offering from her. I am happy to announce that this was absolutely the case, this is another 5/5 star read from Anderson.

Read-Along – Sophie Anderson Read-Along – Sophie Anderson

The Castle of Tangled Magic by Sophie Anderson". Publishers Weekly. 2022-01-06. Archived from the original on 2022-06-24 . Retrieved 2023-09-15. Three accidental heroes encounter one legendary villain in an epic dragon-filled adventure just right for young fans of Terry Pratchett, J.R.R. Tolkien, and How to Train Your Dragon! Family and love are at the heart of the story- it's not the place that is the home, but the people in it. Taking responsibility for the past - the actions of our ancestors - and not forgetting but seeking to face up to it and making amends is a poignant thread to the tale. Olia has to come to terms with the shameful and thoughtless actions of her predecessors and proves that she is different. People have the power to change things if they believe in themselves. Swirling magic, cascading invention and a welter of invented folklore traditions propel this headlong fairy tale story from its opening moments. Brought up in huge castle that was once home to her Royal relatives, and much influenced by her grandmother who is a great believer in old magic, Olia has always known that she also has the gift of believing in magic and so making it work. When the old palace is under threat from a violent force, it is Olia who must find the magical doorway that will take her into another land. Olia needs courage, imagination and the power of her love for her family and everything in their world to embark on her roller coaster adventure. Full of surprises and fuelled by love this is an exciting and heart-warming story.Soon Olia learns that she is destined to save this land, but with time running out and her new friends and family in danger, she must search for the magic within herself – to save everything and everyone she loves. The novel has a wonderful message of family and friendship and the power of finding your home, which I really loved a lot, and it made the novel so heartwarming and endearing to read. It’s also a very important message to have in kids books, caring for others and being able to relate to and see things from others’ points of views, an especially poignant message at this time! I loved the story of Olia’s heritage and how the world beyond the Castle came into existence. The references to Slavic folklore permeate and enrich the story, and I especially loved Koshka (having read James Mayhew’s wonderful Koshka’s Tales, recommended by the author). I also loved the part that the nature-spirits played in the story and, of course, the wonderful domovoi, Feliks who offers Olia encouragement, friendship and hope. Sophie Anderson grew up in Swansea, studied at Liverpool University, and has worked as a geologist and science teacher. She wrote textbooks until characters from Slavic folklore began appearing in her work. Sophie has an international family and loves to write stories inspired by different folklores and cultures. Now living in the Lake District with her husband, Sophie enjoys the freedom of home schooling her three children, fell walking, canoeing, and daydreaming.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment