276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Never Forget You: The new emotional and unforgettable love story of 2023, perfect for fans of Colleen Hoover and Lucy Score

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I cried, I laughed, I screamed at the pages, I smiled, and at times I was angry at one of the characters. While most of the story is about Ben and Lili finding their way back to each other it really didn't have enough of them as a couple for me to fully love it.

the only way i can describe it is when ur boring friend is telling u a story after you’ve sort of ran out of things to talk about, they’re half way through describing their story and then they stop. As prior noted very serious issues, including emotional and substance abuse, are covered in this story. First off I thought this is going slow I don’t know what’s gonna happen and it’ll just be some cheesy rom com style book where she meets a guy and then doesn’t see him and then meets up with him years down the line and falls in love.I felt for Lili’s character from the beginning and just wanted her to figure out who she was and what traumatic event brought on her amnesia. In the past we see what happened to Lili after her meeting with Ben didn’t take place and in the present Lili is trying to piece together her life with Ben by her side despite not knowing who he is. This was so powerfully written that Lucas’s narrative crawled under my skin and I don’t think this is a story that I will forget in a hurry.

I wasn’t bored once (which I’ve started to find with my much beloved smut w minimal plot) – I don’t know what has become of me but the plot in this was SO. Five years on, a woman named Alice turns up in Scotland; she is at a bus stop and can hear the sound of waves but doesn't know where she is. As Ben, Lili and Alice’s stories converge, so begins a beautiful and deeply emotional story of love, forgiveness and second chances. Of course when the year is up and they are supposed to meet again, things don’t go the way they’re supposed to and there are broken hearts on both sides. This isn’t just a normal love story, it is also Lili’s story of trying to get her memory back, finding out who she was and who she is now.Emotional abuse is slowly revealed to the reader with the alternating chapters in the past with fiancé, Justin.

We flash forward 5 years, Lili has amnesia and shows up in Ben's town 500 miles away and we slowly learn why they never met up. It was a very passionate book with intense emotions following Lili/Alice’s amnesia but the romance aspect was still very slow burn.The only clue to her past is the silver bee necklace she wears – the very same one Ben bought for Lili that magical summer’s day. But life is about to take them in different directions, and so they agree to meet next July, in the beautiful hidden garden where they first laid eyes on each other. Fiona does a great job representing victims of psychological abuse and the effect it has on Lili’s memory.

As the reader learns Lili has been through a tough time and as the story unfolds we learn the life changing impact this has had on her.This works especially well as it really brings home Alice’s amnesia and the fact that she is so unaware of who she is in the present and therefore has her story told for her, whilst in past we can see Lili’s life unfold in her own words. I was a little worried about how the book would end but it was definitely the ending I was hoping for. Fast forward five years, and Ben is living in Scotland, the guardian to his young niece after the death of his sister. They met in a picturesque garden where Ben a photographer is taking pictures and Lili walks into one of his shots. This story was unputdownable, and absolutely wrecked me… an incredibly moving and often poignant story with truly authentic characters and a perfect ending.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment