276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon EVO, Audiophile turntable with Carbon Fiber tonearm, Electronic Speed Selection and pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Red phono cartridge (High Gloss Black)

£124.995£249.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

First off, do you know what 70dB+ means to you? Some 10 million time from 0dB !!! Do you know our ears "channel separation" on incoming soundwaves ??? So you claimed you are a "music lover" & "an analog guy". Please tell us how many LPs you own at home & what are yr favorite artists.

The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Evo is easy to set up, has fantastic build quality, and is the best-sounding turntable we’ve tested.” – Chris Heinonen, Wirecutter Unique to the items discussed here, changing to the 2M Blue stylus was detailed in the original Debut Carbon Evo review. We’ve covered the effect of different stylus profiles on performance before and the nude elliptical stylus of the 2M Blue has lower mass than the bonded one of the 2M Red. On a personal and subjective level, I have long felt that the 2M Blue is the sweet spot of the range and something I recommend changing on most 2M Red equipped turntables. I’m particularly fussy, though, which shouldn’t be a surprise. So, in the spirit of that fuss, here are two small quibbles. First, Pro-Ject included a felt platter mat. I know, groans and eyerolls, lots of folks like felt, but I find it particularly abhorrent. I’ve just never liked felt, and this was no exception. Very minor thing, and easily remedied. Second, the power cord is strangely short. It barely reached my power receptacle, which was maybe four feet away. Again, this can be remedied with an aftermarket cord, but be aware of this, and reach out to your dealer or Pro-Ject to ensure that whatever cord you choose works fine. The new Debut Carbon EVO features the proven 8,6 one piece Carbon tonearm design. The super stiff, but lightweight tonearm delivers an insane sound quality with a convincing sound stage.

Pro-Jects’ previous metal platter was already heavier than anybody else‘s on the market, but metal platters inherently have a disadvantage: resonance. Pro-Jects’ TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) technology now helps to damp the resonance completely and also increases the weight to 1,7 kg. Because the TPE is mounted to the inside of the platter‘s rim, the moving energy will also create a flywheel effect. The result is an even quieter and noiseless operation with less wow and flutter. Clean look & new colours Otherwise, cheers, fellow audiophile. (I would say 'fellow music lover,' but you seem not so much the type.) Call it reviewer’s intuition but I feel fingers hovering over the keyboard on this one. Before you solemnly inform me that mains is mains, hear me out. The Carbon Evo is superbly made, isolated from the outside world in a way that most affordable turntables simply aren’t and it’s a breeze to setup. A floating sound, big soundstage, extreme attention to delivering a deep emotional connection with the music.

Structurally, the Debut Carbon EVO is most recognised by its expertly finished main chassis, available in nine elegant finish options. The traditional rectangular footprint has a timeless minimalism, and is made of MDF for its excellent anti-resonant properties, and this tendency to minimal vibrations continues throughout the Debut design. it sounds great, as its clean aesthetics carry over to a very clean and balanced midrange with just a touch of sonic warmth. The excellent-sounding midrange is accompanied with by slightly weighty bass and polite treble, making for many hours of listening enjoyment.” – Brian Kahn, Future AudiophileAmong the upgrades are improved motor mounting, new height-adjustable damped feet and a heavy steel platter that weighs 1.7kg and features a thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) damping ring on the inside for quieter operation.

As a somewhat 'seasoned' vinyl guy (owning 1,000+ LPs), I can only tell you there is huge gap between digital & vinyl. The Debut Carbon EVO is an attractive turntable with clean, modern lines. The plinth is available is nine different finish options, including Satin Walnut and a variety of colors in both satin and gloss finishes.This hopefully serves two purposes. Plenty of people have this very turntable so you can get a direct handle on what happens with these upgrades. Even if you don’t have a Carbon Evo (or indeed a member of the Debut range), this should be useful to some extent. Most turntables will allow for a degree of alteration and some can be altered even more significantly than this. Obviously, the effect of different changes varies from brand to brand (for example, Rega is wildly unkeen on you fitting a platter weight or clamp to their turntables) but it should still give you some idea of the general effect of changing certain bits. The EVO took me under ten minutes to set up, and everything felt dialed-in and ready to go almost immediately.” – Drew Kalbach, The Absolute Sound So you THINK loudspeaker placement would improve digital reproduction quality!! Really ?? I wish it could be that simple ! The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon EVO is a fine piece of engineering that will fit well in the highest quality HiFi systems Pro-Ject has worked hard at making its latest Debut a class leader, but also one with the potential to be a steady midrange competitor thanks to the changes the company has made.

To guarantee a perfect connection to your amp you will find a high-quality phono RCA cable in the box. Pro-Ject's Connect it E is a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable, with superior shielding. Technical Specifications Nominal speeds The Speaker Box 5 S2 is an unreasonably good speaker. There’s a fundamental ‘rightness’ to the way it makes music One extremely CRITICAL test of any preamp is the "BYPASS test" whereby the sound coming out of it is compared with the same sound fed directly from the signal source into the power amp." Any hi-fi kit that’s going to get the best of SBTRKT has to be fairly methodical in its handling of flittering tinny beats, slicing percussion and frenetic rhythms, and while the Rega has the necessary precision and rhythmic know-how to coordinate them accurately in the soundstage, its delivery isn’t without enthusiasm. Pro-Ject includes a well-written manual and also a well-designed guide for the initial setup, something that we rarely find at this price point.I was half tempted to have a change but the sound from the Evo was just right for my ears and set-up it seemed silly to change. The Rega is big-sounding enough for the lush electronic soundscapes laced with synth chords to sound bold and atmospheric too. It gets into a Saturday night feeling with the album’s pop melodies, and up-tempo drums are energetic and punctual in the mix. Pro-Ject uses its established steel platter, but upgrade it with an anti-resonant thermoplastic elastomer.The weight of the steel provides stability but a steel platter itself is subject to unwanted resonances, which are now reduced with the new lining.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment