276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Final Offer: the Sunday Times bestselling second chance romance - Meet the new Dreamland billionaire... (Dreamland Billionaires)

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I walked away from you before because I thought I was doing the right thing. That you were better off without me. That you would be happier. I don’t plan on making that same mistake again, even if you expect me to. While I might mess up—hell, I can practically guarantee it—I’m not going to run away again. I’ll fight for us no matter what.” We’re celebrating the last week of school.” I swipe the botched icing off the cupcake with my index finger and walk over to the sink to rinse it off. My hand clutching the piping bag tightens. A blob of icing drops on to the half-finished cupcake, ruining my design. Cal’s grandfather passed away and in his will, he had conditions. Cal needs to sell his grandfather’s house, in a small town in Lake Wisteria, to get access to his shares and money. But he doesn’t expect to see Alana, his ex, to be living there. He has to convince her to let him sell the house by the end of the summer to get his inheritance. Besides that, this man could explode my ovaries with just a wink. He is simultaneously one of the sexiest and sweetest man I have ever read!!!!

instead the story was so fleshed out here. LA sets up a conflict. we follow a thorough plot line from A to B, we know the goals of the characters and what motivates them. i found that the previous books were a bit incoherent and didn’t know what they wanted to be— Final Offer has more depth than i ever expected with undertones of loss and grief that i found to be poignantly done. she was such a lovely breath of fresh air in the book. i loved seeing Lana as a mother and watching Cal fit seamlessly into their lives. their lil family scenes really had me his recovery felt too easy, it happens extremely fast even tho majority of the book is him struggling w alcohol use. he should’ve gotten sober earlier on in the book, preferably he should’ve gone to rehab after he broke her mum’s vase. Let me tell you, Cami (Lana’s daughter) is a little spitfire and had an adorable way of stealing the show from either Lana or Cal. Kami is probably the biggest reason that Lana made it through those six years after having her heart broken by Cal. Cami gave Lana a reason to make it through each day, and you it’s clear that Kami and Lana have an unbreakable relationship with love and trust. With Cami only being old enough to be in elementary school she is smart and observant with that childish charm that lowkey freaks Cal out at first but also steals his heart like Lana did.What happened to Cal? Cal was the brother I looked forward to reading about most. He was so fun and witty in the other books but such a dud in this one. I love reading about damaged heroes, especially when they put on a confident front, but the charm wasn't there at all. As I mentioned earlier, the best part was his recovery journey. However, even that bothered me towards the end. He says he decides to go to rehab for himself, but how it was written makes it seem that it's entirely for Alana and Cami. Also, he's supposed to be a genius, but we don't see any part of that in the story. Look, I know I’m in the minority here, but I didn't enjoy this book as I had hoped. I guess the story isn’t bad by any means. In fact, I enjoyed it whenever Cami showed up. She was just so adorable, and I loved her relationship with her mom and Cal. Also, I really commend Lauren Asher writing about heavy topics such as addiction and emotional abuse. And I do think these aspects were explored relatively well. However, I had quite a few issues with the story: THE CUTEST KID EVER. she’s definitely one of my top fave fictional kids in a romance book (rivalling Jeremy Volkov and Lucy). every time she giggled and squealed my heart melted so much. Both, Alana and Cal were perfect in their own way with flaws and struggles. It was so good to finally get into Cal's POV, and see all that he has to offer the world. He's not perfect and as we have seen he's struggled with alcohol/addictions. Seeing his journey made me cry and root for him. I'm truly happy that he found himself and the journey he was willing to go through. ALANA! we finally meet Lana and she was everything and more. I honestly loved her so much. Her love and dedication for the people she loves is truly beautiful. Let's thank Brady Kane, because he gave Cal and Lana that little push they needed to chase their dreams and their HEA. there’s been so many books lately ive been dying to read, but i had to take a break after this one for a while because i had a headache and a mini book slump from just how hefty this book was😭 it’s taken me days to write a review too because i had zero brain cells left to writer the review straight after.

Cal decides that it is finally time to get sober for himself and that he owes himself the changes that could come along with it. And, he decides that he would spend every last second of a sober life proving to Lana that he is the man that could give her and Cami a life filled with love.

About this book

The first in the Dreamland Billionaires Series. I actually read this second and the second one first, so please note you can read them as standalones. fr i hate that man so much. but we’re not gonna taint this beautiful safe space right here with his presence, okay? this is the first and last time i will mention him by name because he doesn’t deserve to be here.

I have to say it’s a very very slow burn lol but it’s worth being patience so im happy to say the ending was satisfying and not rushed at all!! Cal and Lana are anything but smooth sailing and it was what made this book so entertaining to read! It has plenty of spice in it if that's your thing, for me I ended up skimming some of it as it was repetitive. But if this is your thing you won't be disappointed.

This item contains adult content

Alana Castillo is a mother through and through. i appreciated how this book wasn’t only about their romance but also family. Lana is such a layered and deep character that was relatable and determined by the end of the story. One thing i heavily appreciated was how Lana and Cal’s relationship was about pushing one another towards inevitable happiness. With Cal controlling his addiction and Lana finally chasing her dreams. their dynamic is pure bliss. ✨ Six years pass and Cal has never returned to Lake Wisteria (except for one time) where Lana lives and he used to visit his grandfather Brady Kane during the summer. As good old Brady would have it, Cal needs to sell the house that Brady left for him to be able to get his inheritance and help his brothers secure their portion of the Dreamland franchise that Brady created. Little dose Cal know that Brady was a sneaky man who had more puzzle pieces than Cal expects, and when he shows up to the lake house for the first time in years, he finds out that none other than Lana had actually inherited half of the lake house. Causing Cal how to find a way to convince Lana to sell the house.

Their story is also about forgiveness, trust and healing. It is full of angsty, but also beautiful moments. In general, the characters' pains, fears and feelings made them relatable, and their journeys and development were amazing and very well worked. Besides, I love how Cal made it clear that he wanted to get better not only for Lana and Cami, but for himself—for him to be the man he knows he can be, a man that deserves them. It showed how much he'd grown and it is the best development his character could've had!similarly, the character depth wasn’t reduced to tropes— the previous two books were carbon copies of the grumpy-sunshine trope but the characters didn’t feel like they were pushed beyond those archetypes all that much. Cal in the previous books was the comic relief, the golden retriever, the jokester clown... but in Final Offer he was so much more than that. god, he was so much more. Cosmopolitan has an exclusive first look at the final book in the trilogy, Final Offer, which will be released on January 31, 2023. But before you find out what Cal and Alana are up to, here’s the official book description from Bloom Books: “From TikTok sensation Lauren Asher comes the final book in the Dreamland Billionaires series. again, the best chemistry of the series. they’d just be staring at each other and i was giggling twirling my hair with hearts in my eyes, fr. especially with Lana, she held her own against Cal and really challenged him. she was his perfect match in every aspect, honestly. Cal blinks twice at my smile before returning my grin with one of his own. Before I know it, he is swooping me into his arms too, smushing me against Cami. The added weight throws him off-balance and the three of us crash against the carpet, with him taking the brunt of the weight. Cami giggling between us makes both Cal and me both laugh too. Cami swindling Cal out of thousand and thousand dollars for swearing was truly the highligh of the book for me. Lana was not the worst heroine and her selflessness regarding Cami rivals Mother Therese and for that she gets brownie points, but other than that i don’t really care about her that much.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment