276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hypnobirthing: Practical Ways to Make Your Birth Better

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It starts with exploring the right time to add an additional family member and then goes on to give practical advice around introducing a new sibling, as well as how to actually cope as a mum to two children. She is a former college dean who, early in her career, was named one of five outstanding educational leaders in New Hampshire and was awarded a Ford Foundation Fellowship to Harvard University. I'm a little disappointed in this book even though it was recommended all over the internet for those who want to have a natural birth. I do congratulate the author on giving woman other options than medication to deal while the pain of labor. The problem is her biased narrative. Specifically, the chapter on the history of childbearing is bogus.

Hypnobirthing - The Positive Birth Company

While similar to HypnoBirthing, this method has some key differences. It focuses on specific tactics to help with pain versus relying on simple relaxation techniques. These tactics include things like hypnotic compounding (repetition) and other “ medical grade” somnambulistic (sleepwalking) hypnosis techniques. I read Your Baby, Your Birth by Hollie de Cruz and it’s brilliant. I also did the Positive Birth Company online course and although I haven’t read Siobhan’s book, the course was brilliant and I liked her approach.” (Recommended by Mumsnetter Excitednerves) Our verdict On the flip side, I understand the theory behind this book, that women should not be scared of giving birth. It is one of the most exciting and powerful experiences in the world. My baby was not brought into the world through hypno-birthing, but she is perfect all the same. The authors would like for you to believe otherwise. That my baby would be better off if she came out "naturally." Well...naturally would have included a dead mom. If you can do natural, more power to you. But if you have to have a C-section or epidural, I really don't think that makes you less of a person, and shouldn't make you feel guilty like the authors imply it should. I really enjoyed Your No Guilt Pregnancy Plan by Rebecca Schiller (I used this to make my own birth preferences list as it lays out all of your ‘choices’ in one section which was really handy)"(Tried and tested by Mumsnet user glasspaw) Our verdictOne of the greatest lessons I took away from this book is the concept of breathing through difficult moments, in parenting and in life. This definitely applies to childbirth (which was the primary focus) but I have found it very helpful in my day to day parenting.

The Hypnobirthing Book - Childbirth with Confidence and Calm

The concept of hypnobirthing sounded like a good one to me to aid in the accomplishment of natural birth. Perhaps if I had taken a series of the classes, I would have liked the techniques and it would have proven worthwhile. I did not find this book helpful at all, however. Help women who’ve experienced trauma. HypnoBirthing may particularly help birthing people who have experienced trauma surrounding birth or who have a general fear of labor and delivery. About 40 percent of the course focuses specifically on these issues. Whether it's hormones or hypnobirthing, stretch marks or swollen ankles, it's always reassuring to know YANBU when moaning about your pregnancy ailments.

Can you teach yourself hypnobirthing?

But to claim that pain during labor is a social construct that you can just visualize away... and that most hospitals and practitioners are mostly there to make birth complicated for you and to make you feel powerless... well, that's simply irresponsible. A long preface to say: I came into reading this book without prejudice, but excitement to learn more about why I was experiencing pain in my deliveries when my mom didn't, and to find out what I was doing "wrong."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment