276°
Posted 20 hours ago

My Lies, Your Lies: The emotionally gripping new novel for 2020 from the bestselling author

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It was a scandal at the time because he was her teacher, but they are still married today and have two children now in their thirties. Unfortunately though, after some menacing and cliffhanger type chapters, the book seemed to teeter on the cliff edge before eventually plummeting to the rocks below and then of course the ending was shattered. I know a lot of people won’t like this but it appears that the love between David (Sir) and Marianne (Linda) was real.

If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance. Freda has never told her story before but now she's ready to set the record straight and to right a wrong that's haunted her.Breathlessly intriguing from the first page to the last, My Lies, Your Lies is a gripping novel that intertwines the tumultuous past of one mysterious woman to the present of another with a harrowing, unexpected twist. My second Susan Lewis read of the year and whilst there were large sections of the book that held my attention, on the whole it didn't quite hook me like Home Truths had done. All this was Marianne's fault because she should have defended David and told the authorities that David 'never raped her', not actually, only in the 'technical sense'. Huge thanks to Anne Cater for inviting me onto the blog tour and to Harper Collins for my copy of this book via Netgalley. It read a bit like an autobiography at times but I liked getting to know the character and their background more.

In my opinion, MY LIES, YOUR LIES took a little too long for interest to take hold - at nearly 30% in, which is a bit too long in my opinion - but then it did admittedly get rather interesting. She travels from London to a remote area in North Devon to Dimmett House, riddled with secret rooms, towers and turrets and darkened halls. I recently read a novel about a schoolgirl and teacher having a sexual relationship which I found to be a really well-written novel so while I was keen to read this particular book I tried to leave some space between so I didn't compare. Can you imagine an abuse survivor stumbling upon this book and reading it only to discover the whole thing serves as a defense of paedophilia? And interspersed with her story is a narrative from 1968 that slowly unfolds to reveal another story.Susan Lewis always tells us a great story, but this time she told a great story, the intrigue, the mystery and twists will keep you guessing and wondering if you know left from right. A real page turner, with so many questions to be answered and secrets to be revealed because as the title of the book suggests, who is telling the truth? If you like books with a larger-than-life character and enjoy unraveling family intrigue and drama, then I suggest you consider My Lies, Your Lies.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment