276°
Posted 20 hours ago

OLAPLEX No.5 Bond Maintenance Conditioner,250 ml (Pack of 1)

£3.78£7.56Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The ingredient in question was butylphenyl methylpropional – also known as “lilial”, a synthetic scent that’s used in several cosmetic products as well as laundry detergents and household cleaners. Under the EWG Skin Deep Cosmetics Database, it’s listed as a possible concern for developmental/reproductive toxicity, and having been monitored for the past few years by the European Commission Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety, in 2020 the EU regulatory authority announced its intent to have it phased out by March 2022.

The ingredient lists are strikingly similar. First up, you’ll find propylene glycol, which softens hair and makes it easier to comb. Then there’s polyquaternium-37, which acts as an antistatic. And finally, panthenol, which works to strengthen hair, retain moisture and improve the texture of damaged hair. Before our Olaplex shampoo review digs into the brand’s game-changing products, let’s get some initial pros and cons on the table: Pros Bis-aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate: This is the main compound in Olaplex and is used in their patented bond-building formula. It works to repair and restore damaged disulfide bonds in the hair, which can be broken during chemical treatments.But despite the acclaim, there still seems to be a little confusion around what the products actually do. We'll clear things up: Unlike other hair treatments that add moisture and shine to the outer layers of damaged hair (pretty straightforward stuff), Olaplex works on the molecular level to repair the disulfide bonds that give hair its strength and break through heat-styling, color, and chemical treatments—and was the first brand to make this bond-building technology available in an at-home treatment. (The secret? A little active ingredient called bis-aminopropyl diglycol dimaleate.) It has been about 2 months now since I last used olaplex products and my scalp is still very itchy every single day and I still lose a lot of hair, much more then I ever used too! Much like no.3, Aldi’s pre-wash treatment, and in fact the entire bonded range, is silicone-free. This is particularly impressive because silicone is commonly used in cheaper haircare products, as it gives the appearance of looking shinier, but in actual fact prevents moisture from being penetrated into the root.

Hair Repair: Olaplex works on a molecular level by restoring the hair’s broken disulfide bonds, which can be damaged during chemical treatments like bleaching and coloring. It helps to repair and strengthen the hair, making it less prone to breakage and damage. This patented ingredient works to restore the millions of disulfide bonds in our hair from the inside out, repairing damage and enhancing its stability, health, and radiance.Schwarzkopf Fibreplex: Schwarzkopf Fibreplex is a hair care range that focuses on repairing and strengthening the hair’s internal structure. Their products, including bond boosters and bond maintainers, help to prevent breakage and maintain hair health. Teaming up with scientists and experts, he and Darcy set out to create the ultimate recipe for happy and healthy hair.

Or maybe you’ve heard of it via social media, where TikTok users began to spread the word that Olaplex was allegedly set to be banned in the UK because it had been using an ingredient that could potentially link to fertility issues. And while there was no truth in the Olaplex ban, there is an EU-wide ban on an ingredient previously found in the Olaplex formula, with the UK expected to follow suit. Olaplex was the result of years of research conducted by husband-and-wife team Dean and Darcy Christal. Dean grew up within the beauty industry, as his brother ran a tanning shop, his dad was a distributor for several retailers, and his mother operated a hair salon. The ingredients included in Olaplex products vary depending on the specific product. However, the following information provides insights into the ingredients used in Olaplex products and their purpose: The result was bis-aminopropyl diglycol dimaleate 1, an invention never before seen in the hair care industry.B3 Brazilian Bond Builder: B3 Brazilian Bond Builder is a line of hair care products formulated to restore and strengthen the hair. Their products work by reattaching and rebuilding the bonds in the hair, resulting in healthier and more resilient strands. Whatever you do, do not use their products. I used olaplex years ago and didn’t seem to have any problems that I noticed, however after buying and using it recently I noticed my scalp became extremely red, itchy and irritated. My hair felt so dry and brittle and started thinning and breaking a lot!! Despite having a minute concentration of lilial of less than 0.1%, which according to experts is “not enough to directly impact fertility”, Olaplex clarified that it will be excluding lilial from its products from here on, and no products containing lilial have been sold in the UK or EU since January 2022. If you're a hair aficionado—or desperately trying to fix a botched bleach job—then the best Olaplex products might need no introduction. The hair-care brand is beloved by celebrities, top colorists and stylists, and reviewers alike, and has made a name for itself as a must-have for color-treated hair. Joico Defy Damage: Joico Defy Damage is a line of hair care products that offer protection and repair against various types of damage, including chemical processing, heat styling, and environmental stressors. Their products aim to strengthen and fortify the hair while maintaining its color and vibrancy.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment