276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Loveology: God. Love. Marriage. Sex. and the Never-Ending Story of Male and Female.

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Loveology University® provides online training to certify Love Coaches, Relationship Coaches and Master Sexperts through a multimedia platform, with emphasis on loving yourself, physically and emotionally, while accepting others’ sexual practices without moral judgement, through comprehensive distance learning.

There's some tried and true wisdom here, and I like Comer. He's warmly pastoral, and I enjoyed his style on the audiobook. I wonder how his views have shifted in the decade since his authoring. We are all facing abysmal odds when it comes to marriage and love. And many would argue it’s because somewhere along the way we lost the plotline. We’re confused, at best, when it comes to love. It is safe to say that today’s culture is struggling with what love really is and what that means practically for us. Today, love is a junk-drawer term that is overused – there are no less that 28 entries in dictionary dot-com to define love. What I love most is that he makes reference to the resurrection as our hope as we live in this space between our present world and new creation (hello NT Wright), which made all he had to say compelling for me.Contrary to what you might think, divorce was at pandemic levels in first-century Jewish culture. And sadly, more than 2,000 years later, here we are struggling with the same dysfunction and brokenness. With an autobiographical thread that turns a book into a story, pastor and speaker John Mark Comer shares about what is right in male/female relationships---what God intended in the Garden. And about what is wrong---the fallout in a post-Eden world.

We are dedicated to providing you with the most accurate, positive and innovative educational courses to certify you as a Love Coach (Loveologist®). The Certified Love Coach program is LU’s most complete curriculum (over 300 hours of training), which includes over 35 narrated multimedia presentations as well as live seminar training videos, erotic instructional videos, audios, documentaries and more, all conducted by leading professionals. This master program also certifies students as Relationship Coaches and Master Sexperts. good book about how relationships/marriage/ romance alllll the things were originally created by God. If u haven’t read John mark comer, he’s a great teacher & author — he’s super wise but teaches in a non condescending and straightforward way. Founded in 2007, Loveology University (LU) is an online love coach training school that has trained and certified thousands of aspiring coaches worldwide, with our cutting-edge love and relationship coaching programs.Love. “Maybe you’re not finding it because you’re not defining it right.” That is one of my favorite lyrics from the rap group Beautiful Eulogy’s song Take It Easy. And I think it’s a true story for so many people today.

The book plays into common weaknesses of soft complementarian, evangelical talk of love and sex (which I've heard and received most of my life). It settles for pat explanations of intricate realities and easy evaluations of perplexing experiences. Its eschewal of the sacramental life weakens its reflections on matrimony and children, and its selection of scriptural texts for allegorical or prescriptive readings is patchy at best. A salient example of this last weakness is that Comer breaks with thousands of years of allegorical readings of Song of Songs that, without doing violence to the text, tell us that this is love poetry and a testament to God's love. It's both/and. Comer thinks it's only worth reading as love poetry, and, in the process, draws some dodgy gender theology from the poem (do not arouse that love!).The Q & A at the end was definitely not trauma-informed and one asker was told that wives can help their husbands’ “fight” against lust by giving them lots of sex. We are the sons of Adam and the daughters of Eve. We were created “male and female.” We were set up to love. To absorb the love of God into our bloodstream and then to share it with another human being.

When Jesus had finished saying these things, He left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to the other side of the Jordan. Large crowds followed Him, and He healed them there. Some Pharisees came to Him to test Him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?” “Haven’t you read,” He replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” – Matthew 19:1-6 NIV All of that said, while somewhat disappointing, Loveology is much more balanced and nuanced than most other marriage books of this era, and definitely kinder to women and wives in general. This idea of Jesus as the model for how we are to love each other sounds docile and tame and cliché, but when we actually read about the life of Jesus, it’s stunning. Our programs are self-paced which means you can take as little or long as you need to complete the program. Take the curriculum during lunch breaks, after work, evenings, weekends, even while you are still employed full-time at another job.

In the book of Matthew, chapter 19, we read one example. The Pharisees — the religious teachers of the day — come to Jesus and test him. They ask him if it is lawful for a man to divorce his wife. The intended audience, as I noted earlier, seems to be moderately conservative evangelicals who hold to a more nuanced interpretation of scripture than a strict literalist reading. Those who hold to a very literal reading, and fundamentalists, will have some points of large disagreements. And likewise, as I have described, progressive and liberal Christians will have points of agreement but will likely be turned off by the gender and sexual orientation discussions. Love” is a junk drawer we dump all sorts of ideas into, just because we don’t have anywhere else to put them. Before you watch the video, take time to dig into the following question. Think about how it relates to you as an individual.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment