276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tamiya 87038 Extra Thin Cement, 40ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I prefer the green one. It's much thinner, has a fine brush too and a much shorter hardening time. Once hardened the bond is very strong indeed. I also use it as a thinner for Tamiya putty; both before I apply it, and after to smoth things out. This combination makes a very good filling.

Plastic Model Cement | Frontline Hobbies Plastic Model Cement | Frontline Hobbies

I've used MEK before with excellent results - that's just MEK with no Acetone admixture. It's pretty volatile so good ventilation is a must. In the past, when I was young and daft, I've even used it to attach canopies with no problems It is still going to have the stupidly long drying times that that type of glue has. You are still going to need to clamp the parts together for a few hours for it to set. They are the best types of cements for plastics. I've been using them for 19 years, and I wont use anything else now. This cement is for use in assembling plastic (styrene) models. It comes is a stable hexagonal bottle 47mm tall. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:

Having exhausted trying to glue with Mr.Hobby Mr.Cement S (as for my it's not glue, it's 💩, but this very good cleaner for panel line when you scribing panel line! 💡)

Best liquid plastic cement - Model Railroader Magazine Best liquid plastic cement - Model Railroader Magazine

While Tamiya Extra Thin is good, I'm now really fond of Plastic Magix by Deluxe Materials. Its 100 times better IMHO. I think we've got our wires crossed. I have the extra thin. What I want to know is if the normal Tamiya cement, i.e. this: The glue’s ability to dry crystal clear is especially useful when making small windows on models of airliners or ships. It’s very easy to create a window using this glue: So I ran out of this and the LHS are all closed but not the hardware stores. I began searching for the ingredients and found the MSDS. So sharing here for record and in case others want to know.This is one of the most popular extra thin types of cement for plastic model kits available on the market. It comes in a small 40ml jar typical for chemicals made by Tamiya. This amount of glue is enough for numerous models and will last for a long time. I believe I was able to build about ten 1/48 scale aircraft models and three 1/35 scale tank models with just one jar.

Tamiya, Inc. Limonene Cement Review Armorama :: Tamiya, Inc. Limonene Cement Review

Warning– You must be careful with the thin plastic cement. When you are pressing the pieces together and you manage to accidentally touch your own finger with the brush, you will end up with your fingerprint imprinted into the surface of the plastic part. It is not difficult to fix with sandpaper and/or putty but it’s extremely annoying. You’ve been warned. Original Tamiya Extra Thin Cement (Item 87038) is still recommended for use in situations where you wish to fill larger gaps and seams. I found out the hardware store here sells MEK (but in 3.5 litre tin) so I am going to get it, mix with the Acetone I have lying around the house. When working with plastic cement, make sure the room you are in is properly ventilated. Plastic cement fumes can irritate your lungs and cause bad headaches. Some people can also have allergic reactions. This is also true for all super glues. Ok, so what follows are a series of short HD videos where I give you an overview of the range of glues and adhesives I use, followed by separate entries showing each one in a little more detail and how to use it.Leave it to dry without touching it – You will know it’s dry when the glue turns clear from its normal milky color Micro Kristal Klear is a glue which is typically used to glue clear parts to create small windows up to about ¼ square inch. As mentioned above, this glue would be ideal for those who are sensitive to the odor of standard model cement, or for younger modelers, with proper adult supervision. It is a definite improvement over the old non toxic cement of the past. Yes it was. It was on a Russian forum, and probably somewhere here on BM. Maybe was video on YouTube....

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment