276°
Posted 20 hours ago

If I Had a Dinosaur

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This book would obviously be fantastic in a classroom as a spring board for lessons on pets/dinosaurs but also has some good linkage opportunities with self care, daily routines, nursery rhymes, creative problem solving and more - I think it would be a brilliant resource for any educator to have on their shelf! Taking inspiration from one of David Attenborough's BBC documentaries, Dawnay uses rhyme, humour and the excitement of having a very strange pet to create this picturebook. A unique story with unique illustrations, If I Had a Dinosaur it tells a fun story about a little girl who dreams of getting a very big pet!

I particularly love that the story is about a little girl as so many dino books are targeted at boys and its doubly great that she happens to be non-white too. Inspired by the discovery of the biggest type of titanosaur ever discovered in Argentina in 2014, comes a tale of imagination, childhood spirit and all things dinosaurs! Er zijn een aantal reviews die kritiek geven op het feit dat er een Aziatisch kindje voorkomt in het boek met een groenige huidskleur en spleetogen.The bouncy rhyming text is jaunty and fun to read aloud; the simple, cheerful illustrations are cute and colorful, and filled with clever little details for sharper-eyed readers (see if you can find the fun nod to the Harry Potter universe); and it features a multi-racial cast, including a protagonist of color and her family. Furthermore, what I especially liked was the incorporation of the protagonist as a BAME character, interestingly in a 'normal' setting and not used to highlight differences or discrimination. It would need lots of food to eat, a swimming pool to drink from, and a dino flap so it could come and go.

Seuss) and silly but kids love rhymes and they'll love this one so who cares what I think about the text? As read by Eddie Redmayne on CBeebies' Christmas Day Bedtime Story, a witty and charmingly illustrated tale about a little girl who imagines what it would be like to have a dinosaur of her very own.It allows for opportunities for the children to ask questions and consider what they would do in the same situation. But as they walk around the museum, all Dave wants to know is wherther these dinosaurs are really dead. At the end of a day spent busily imagining, the girl trudges up to bed with her little plastic dinosaur. As she falls asleep, the dinosaur from her daydreams stands in the garden with its head poking through the bedroom window, making her dreams come true. If you didn't look at the cover art, you'd probably think it was some little white boy, based on my description.

It's a rhyming story and those are rarely appealing to me (this one is no different) because they always seem somewhat forced (unless it's Dr.One content warning: there is an entire spread devoted to the question of how to clean dino-sized droppings with an unsubtle depiction of such (think the poop emoji with no face).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment