276°
Posted 20 hours ago

One Piece (3-in-1 Edition) Volume 1: Includes vols. 1, 2 & 3 (One Piece (Omnibus Edition))

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Friends ( 友達 , Tomodachi ?): Luffy and Zoro leave peacefully, and Koby joins the Marines. He and the Marines thank the two for stopping Morgan. There's no more space to put these here so I won't, but Morgan actually went through 2~3 more transformations before he ended up with his current look.

One Piece 3-in-1) by Oda Baroque Works Vol. 13-14-15 (One Piece 3-in-1) by Oda

Before that, though, there is the battle with Don Krieg which - besides giving Luffy the chance to demonstrate to Sanji the power that comes from pure grit in the pursuit of one’s goals – also contains some amazing bits of foreshadowing.

Marine Captain "Axe-Hand Morgan" ( 海軍大佐"斧手のモーガン" , Kaigun Taisa "Onote no Mōgan ?): Luffy goes to retrieve Zoro's swords, but enrages the captain of the Marine Base, Morgan. People say give one piece like 100 episodes before it gets good, but I disagree. Right off the bat the series has so much spunk and excitement. It's cute, it's funny, it can be super serious and pull on those heartstrings at times, and the fights are always exciting. I think One Piece is the most sold manga of all time for a reason, because it's so damn well crafted. And so, the finished product turned out looking like this (↙). His name wasn't "Morgan", but "Chop". First of course, is that tendency to over-blown self-sacrifice, that comes not just from love but also from undervaluing himself and his dreams; this will be a recurring problem for Sanji! Translator's Note: "Chop the sailor" [水兵チョップ] also sounds similar to a well-known move called the 水平チョップ [Suihei Chop; lit. Horizontal Chop])

One Piece Series | Waterstones One Piece Series | Waterstones

On the other hand, the anime has the advantage of knowing where the story is going to a greater extent than probably either Oda or the translators did at the time. It was initially baffling to see Roronoa Zoro called "Zolo". The dude is a master swordsman who wears a dark bandana on his head - OBVIOUSLY a Zorro reference, so why would you spell his name like that? BUT, then I realized that in the chapter where his name is first mentioned, we (and presumably the translators) were not presented with either of those facts, nor would the number of references to other adventure stories have been obvious. Likewise, the anime adds in a bunch of fun little cameos of Nami stealing stuff and ALMOST crossing paths with Luffy before the moment where she actually officially enters the story. Finally, there’s a bit that is very reminiscent of the part of a fairytale where a wild beast refuses to hurt the 3rd son or the princess-in-exile because they were kind to it. Which, OK, maybe Oda realized that 18 years later, and decided to build on it. But even if that's the case - still impressive. Zaista, zaista nisam htjela započinjati novi serijal. Zaista. Ale eto, ovo je bilo jače od mene. Posebno kad mi je knjiga ponuđena na pladnju.

That Guy, "Straw Hat Luffy" ( その男"麦わらのルフィ" , Sono Otoko "Mugiwara no Rufi" ?): Luffy meets cabin boy Koby and defeats his abusive captain, Alvida. I've watched the anime as far as the Alabasta arc - which is still only about 10% in to the total story that exists to date - and am OBSESSED. So I wanted to see how the manga compared, since I'd seen commentary that it is A) faster to get through and B) has more detailed art, including shading that makes characters like clown-themed pirate Buggy more genuinely scary-looking. ROMANCE DAWN - The Dawn of the Adventure ( ROMANCE DAWN ( ロマンスドーン )—冒険の夜明け— , Romansu Dōn - Bōken no Yoake ?): A young boy named Monkey D. Luffy swears to become the Pirate King, accidentally eats the Gomu Gomu no Mi, and is given a straw hat by his idol, Shanks. Ten years later, Luffy sets out on the high seas. This volume cover was redrawn by Boichi in the series 22nd anniversary one-shot Roronoa Zoro Falls Into the Sea as part of the One Piece Cover Comic Project.

One Piece (3-in-1 Edition) Volume 4: Includes vols. 10, 11

Now THIS is where ‘One Piece’ really hits its stride, with some of the best character-work I’ve seen (across whatever medium). Have you mastered the basics yet? Next, let's try and keep these steps in mind as you start to create your own personal Jolly Roger!!

Since I had thought of Helmeppo beforehand, this was the first thing that came to mind as I was brainstorming the introduction of his father.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment