276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Call It What You Want

£6.285£12.57Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When a partnered project comes up and no one wants to partner with either of them, Rob and Meaghan are forced to work together. I really hoped to see more of Bas and Marco together. I assume there is going to be another season, though, for two reasons. First, the way it ended insinuated things weren't over. Second, there were scenes in the trailers for the series that didn't show up in the actual series. Scenes where Bas and Marco were more than friends. In this series, they didn't really bond until the final episode. So, they, of course, weren't at a point where they would be making out. I look forward to seeing more of them. They have such amazing potential. Call It What You Want is officially my new favorite novel from Brigid Kemmerer. Kemmerer is a master of creating engaging stories filled with wonderful characters that will tug at your heartstrings, and she really captured my heart with this one. I did like how much their relationship evolved over the course of the story and how they learned to see one another as they are, not how they imagine each other to be.

In “Call It What You Want” you’ll be asked what’s right and what’s wrong. Is it okay to do something wrong for the right reasons? If you do it to “right a wrong”? I honestly almost cried in the beginning of this book. Mostly because I thought I was diving into another sad depressing book that would put me in a funky mood. Thankfully, things start looking up and the characters were seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. No, not heaven.. but friendship. Readers looking for a different sort of coming-of-age story or teen protagonists grappling with complex situations will fall in love with this romance-tinged novel Two beautiful souls shunned by popular kids of school, left alone, suffering from family dramas, trying to exist at the high school jungle, surrounded by meanness, unfairness, judgmental perspectives of people which pushes Rob having some dangerous choices to atone his father’s sins to bring the justice in Robin Hood way : Taking from people who have so much and sharing it with the people who need to stay alive! The family relationships and friendships were handled well, in my opinion, and I even thought it was well rounded out…I’m never tough on these situations, though. So long as there is a conflict, characters fighting-both together and separately-to figure out a solution, a resolution to said conflict, and a general mending and moving forward of severed relationships in result to the conflict, I’m happy. And I don’t need the dwelling on it, either, which is where people get mad. They want to hear more, see more, expect more…but it’s YA and relationships are messy-especially with family-people are just too harsh. But to each their own.

Over on Rob's side we have his ex-best friend bullying him and trying to humiliate him in front of the school, even though Rob is innocent. While trying to keep his head down Rob makes an unlikely friend, Owen, who comes from a struggling family...all thanks to Rob's father. Rob and Owen then begin a rather dangerous game of playing "robin hood" by trying to help out those who have less but taking from the well off families who won't miss whatever is taken from them. This puts Rob in a position of finding out that maybe there is more to what happened with his father than Rob originally knew. Did you think I was kidding when I said a Lifetime movie on steroids? I feel like most of the time, a lot of "romance" books are light and happy. I love how Alissa brings light to a lot of what other people experience. Throughout CIWYW, Sloane and Ethan have this off-and-on-again relationship and she for some reason cannot seem to let him go- no matter how he treats her. CIWYW shows the reality of an unexplainable love for someone that you know you shouldn't love. I feel that this is something a lot of people experience, but is rarely a "trope" (if you can even call it that?) in books. His stories are filled with sadness and disappointment, frustration and failure. And most of them leave a lasting impression on the reader, long after the story has been told. The characters tell their stories in such memorable, tangible ways that it makes them difficult to shake.

I loved that their relationship did not feel “forced” but unraveled naturally. Both feel lonely and need someone to talk to. How the mighty have fallen as Rob would probably never paid attention to Maegan “before”! His downfall helped make him a better person. He was not a bully or bad but his predicament helped open his eyes to what is truly important in others. And that’s certainly not the size of their wallet. He got a huge dose of reality. I absolutely adored the set up of this plot. One of my favourite tropes that I love is characters being put in a situation where they are forced to work together even though they don't really want to. It is the perfect set up of a not necessarily hate to love but definitely dislike/indifference to love. Which I find is more realistic and enjoyable when it comes to contemporary. These characters in particular really find a trusting friendship with each other first which I thought was great and meant for a more slow-burn romance to really get the feels going. And damn were there feels! Now before you think that this story is solely based on two people finding comfort in one another, let's talk the rest of the story.Call It What You Want is a nostalgic ode to all ‘almost love’ stories— the ones with no label, no title but an undeniable intensity. Call it what you want, was it love? Maegan and Rob make an unlikely pair. The daughter of a cop and the son of a criminal. And they meet via a favourite classic YA trope — the teacher pairs them together for a project. Mainly a character driven story, the plot is not to be underestimated as there is a twist to that story. Something not really hard to guess (I guessed and I am not the best at this game) that will add a layer of drama to the story. His father, a local Financial Planner, was caught red-handed swindling from clients. Everyone in town mistakenly believes that Rob knew.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment