276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Into the Darkness (Darkness #1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

P.S- i don't care if i'm judged on the basis of, i wanted to know more about Elijah's past, trauma and sickness. Franz Stangl, Kommandant of Treblinka, was, I believe, the only Nazi in charge of such an institution to be interviewed in this way. Den frustration och förtvivlan som fräter som saltsyra i magen komprimeras gradvis till en hårdnande, molande metallklump som lämnar ett ärr.

Darkness Series by K.F. Breene - Goodreads

Despite the grim nature of her subjects, Gitta was a warm and generous friend with a ready sense of humour, and she and Honeyman entertained frequently at their home in Chelsea, London. It sits uncomfortably with the total eradication of the camp's physical remains after the uprising, complete with a Ukrainian farmer housed in the Gas chambers ("I've lived in this brick farm for many years ! The suspense is build up slowly with a few hints of danger and malicious gossip floating around in the air. Decades later, biographer Gitta Sereny interviewed Stangl and challenged him to describe his life and crimes in his own words.I've read countless books about the Holocaust and recently I started to question what my fascination is with the subject.

Goodreads Loading interface - Goodreads

The implication was clear; Stangl had been crushed by the culpability he had denied for so many years. But Gitta gets under the skin, she will not let him get off the hook, and is clever in her subtle approach, knowing when to back off and when to push (like any great investigative reporter or interrogator). In her eyes her father did an unforgivable thing, and since he worked for her grandfather (her mother's father), she turns he back on her grandfather?As much as I love both characters, Him’s was something else, to get into his head as to why and talking to his demon. I could appreciate what was conveyed in the story which is why I gave it 2 stars but I really didn't care for them as individuals or as a couple. There is something about Gitta Sereny's writing that reminds me of sitting down with my mother, who also lived through the war as a (slightly younger) woman.

Into the Dark by Dana Isaly | Goodreads Into the Dark by Dana Isaly | Goodreads

Lyra y nuestro protagonista se obsesionan el uno con el otro y viven una historia de amor complicada, turbia, muy emocional, pasional y cruda! The most nauseating stories that Franz Stangl and his wife tell is how "they" suffered after the war when they were on the run and he was imprisoned.veramente straordinario come la memoria della gente che è passata attraverso l’inferno è rimasta intatta, mentre quella di altri infinitamente meno esposti è svanita. These favourable impressions of the Nazis survived both a reading of Mein Kampf and the 1938 Anschluss, when Hitler annexed a quiescent Austria.

Into That Darkness: An Examination of Conscience - Goodreads Into That Darkness: An Examination of Conscience - Goodreads

Non lo è perchè l'autrice riporta fatti e documentazioni senza lasciarsi andare a divagazioni e interpretazioni (notevole è anzi la bibliografia che lei stessa ha consultato per la stesura del libro).Peccato nel finale lasci aperta la porta a una ventata di retorica sentimentale: ma il timone rimane ugualmente saldo nelle mani di Sereny che conduce il lettore verso orizzonti che meritano tutte le esplorazioni possibili. He stalks her with the intention of killing her but ends up obsessed with her and that's how their story begins.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment