276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Baking Imperfect: Crush, Whip and Spread It Like Nobody's Watching

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Her Lancastrian great-grandmother was a passionate cake-baker passing on the genes and sharing the love of baking with Lottie.

Author and chef Lottie Bedlow—a fan favorite on the television show The Great British Bake Off—will guide you through dozens of tasty recipes with her trademark wit and easygoing nature, helping bakers of all abilities feel confident and comfortable in the kitchen. A 32-year-old pantomime producer with a degree in animal behavior studies, Lottie lives with her aunt, uncle, and teenage cousins on the English coast. The pictures are lovely - showcasing Lottie's trademark imperfectly perfect style, and when she summs it all up by saying, "When things go a bit wrong.Now, I would get upset if something wasn’t quite right and that would have to stay behind and not be given to others, lol. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.

Lottie is based on the south coast where she lives with family, and it is this that's at the heart of her relationship with cooking and baking: Lottie likes to make food that tastes good for the people she loves. The world of baking can appear daunting, but with Baking Imperfect , you’ll learn to get through the trials with joy and a newfound sense of determination when things go wrong or get messy (and they will! Her signature sense of humour will guide you through this delicious collection of sweet and savoury bakes that strive for taste over perfection. From advice on stacking a tier cake to piping flowers, creating the perfect flavour pairing and avoiding a curdled cake batter or buttercream, Rahul shares his scientific knowhow on achieving sublime bakes - as well as advice on how to fix things when they go wrong. I found Lottie's snarky good humor instantly appealing, and as the season progressed, her warm and caring nature started to peek out.

I absolutely adored Lottie's 'voice' coming through the pages of this cookbook, something that you rarely see with a recipe book is the Author's true commentary and accompanying thoughts and feelings. The Viking enthusiast with a cheerful sense of humor is ready to share her recipes for mouthwatering cakes and puddings. I get that she was trying to make it accessible for all, but I wish that would have been included in parentheses.

It is pitched perfectly with easy to follow instructions, great pictures and just the right amount of Lottie's humour mixed in. Big exam, AP tests coming up, the kitchen would be filled that weekend with all sorts of desserts to be given to friends and family. I liked that this baking book, almost challenged you to accept the imperfections and flaws that happen with baking.Expect recipes such as triple chocolate and salted caramel-centred cookies, "sin-amon rolls", "minimal faff brioche" and "foolproof custard". From West Sussex, Lottie was previously a pantomime Producer but ventured into the culinary arts when she featured as a contestant on The Great British Bake off in 2020.

When booked as a speaker for an event, Lottie will keep an audience cheerful and amused, whilst teaching them secrets of the culinary sciences.From simple recipes to encourage even the most inexperienced bakers through to more ambitious centrepieces, the focus is always on great flavour. Today's panelists are WAMC’s Alan Chartock, Former EPA Regional Administrator, Siena College Professor of Economics Aaron Pacitti, Albany Law School Professor of Law, Director of The Justice Center and Director of Immigration Law Clinic Sarah Rogerson, and Albany County District Attorney David Soares. There are, of course, gorgeous pictures of food, glossary of baking terms, and a list of what you will need before you begin your baking adventure. Author and chef Lottie Bedlow—a fan favorite on the television show The Great British Bake Off— will guide you through dozens of tasty recipes with her trademark wit and easygoing nature, helping bakers of all abilities feel confident and comfortable in the kitchen. Maxfield commented: “I’m thrilled to be championing this extra‐clever baking book that stands out for its unique troubleshooting concept.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment