276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Happy Family: The gripping new psychological crime thriller from the No.1 Kindle bestselling author of The Perfect Couple

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A knock on the door is about to turn her life upside down as an unfamiliar woman stands on her doorstep. I was so drawn in by every family member, from Natasha, wanting to be a stand-up comic, to Suhani, in pursuit of perfection and Bina, the mother. She got to keep her large house after the divorce, has an amicable relationship with her ex husband, and a close circle of friends among her colleagues at the health centre and her neighbours. You would think people on the edge of a financial windfall would be deliriously happy, or at least grateful in their security, but not these family members. Soon Beth is introducing her mother to her friends and colleagues and they are all incredibly happy for her and accepting of Alice.

What a Happy Family by Saumya Dave | Goodreads What a Happy Family by Saumya Dave | Goodreads

I loved the short chapters of this family drama that always left me on edge wanting to read “just one more”. What a Happy Family is a vivid portrait of family life and I was captivated by the stories of the Joshi clan from the very first page.Deepak may be an excellent psychiatrist, but has he failed to see the mental health challenges within his own family? In a romance novel part of the joy comes from watching people not only get into a relationship but solve whatever barriers they run into along the way.

Happy Family Books - Goodreads Big Happy Family Books - Goodreads

It seems a tabloid has picked up the videos and have delved into her background and uncovered the deep dark secret she never wanted to make public.Other families expose kids to new ideas and lifestyles and give them a broader view of their roles in their own family as well as in their community," Haltzman says. This is a thriller about these rich parents who have their kids over for Easter, but these parents are kind of assholes to their kids and they put all kind of ridiculous expectations on them, and on the morning after Easter, the parents are found brutally murdered in their home. Alternating between everyone, you get a full picture of what being a part of the Merton family was actually like.

The Happy Family by Jackie Kabler | Goodreads

I talk about it as wish fulfillment because I do think it gets a bit oversimplified and resolves a bit quickly. Then there's the two other women we get to meet Robyn her housekeeper n nanny and a lovely homeless lady Nadia. I chose it partly on the basis of recommendations from friends who have read her earlier novels and because it tackles the issue of gaslighting.

Beth is a busy but happy divorced mother of two young children but her life has not always been easy.

Happy Family: the instant Sunday Times bestseller, from Not a Happy Family: the instant Sunday Times bestseller, from

I still had fun reading this one and will always pick up a Lapena novel knowing pretty much what to expect.Even though I didn’t care that much for Beth as a character it was still sad to see how much her life spins out of control, particularly when intimate film footage of her is posted on social media.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment