276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I Want to Die but I Want to Eat Tteokbokki: The cult hit everyone is talking about

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Above all, my biggest take away from her story is how important it is to speak to people about how you’re feeling. I’ve always been a firm believer in sharing your thoughts and emotions with people you trust. Even though thoughts themselves have no weight, they can be a heavy burden. Sharing that burden with someone else, someone you trust and perhaps love, can not only lighten that burden, but it can also create a strong bond between you and that trusted person. Saya juga sangat mengapresiasi prakata dari Dr. Jiemi Ardian bahwa self-diagnosed itu tidak dianjurkan karena sangat mudah sekali bagi seseorang untuk melabeli kondisinya setelah membaca buku seperti ini. she got offended when a friend didn't seem to enjoy a book she recommended, and sent a scathing message to said friend, calling her "arrogant and exhausting" The author claims to have learned several things - she understood that she can let herself be, that she can let herself feel whatever she feels, that she interprets events in her life depending on her mood. However, I would expect her to learn this and start processing the positive change within the first month of therapy, not after ten years. The fact that her psychiatrist didn’t give her any homework, didn’t explain what they are going to do in their therapy sessions, left me speechless.

In any case, reading this book made me find out that I'm a hedgehog. So I'm awarding a bonus half star just for that. To learn about and imagine the emotions that I don’t understand or immediately empathise with: that is the affection I extend to others, and the only way to ensure that what’s inside of us doesn’t dry up or rot…’ I had prayed for 2020 to start of well for me, but alas, January did not end as the best time for me. However, the presence of this book, the words and dialogues written by Baek Se-hee were able to help me cope with my own dark overwhelming thoughts. I didn't finish the book in one seating, it took a whole deal lot of times, but I am utterly grateful for it. I Want to Die but I Want to Eat Tteokpokki is the kind of book that I will keep very close to me, and will reach out to it again whenever I'm at my lowest.i get why therapists might review this and rate it low, but as someone who just wanted to be a fly on the wall and absorb this book for what it is (a transcript of client/therapist conversations), i really did enjoy it. i won't be following the advice to a t, but i did think it was very interesting to see how different the culture is in Korea versus America and how the author's insecurities and societal pressures differ from--or are similar to-- mine. it was inspirational to see how i could advocate for myself/my experiences, and i thought the nuance was interesting that depression doesn't always mean being suicidal and it can manifest in other ugly ways. the fact that this was a hard story for this author to tell probably proves why it should exist, especially in its native country/language. I don't read a lot of self-help books–I can't remember any apart from Loveability by Robert Holden, but I didn't even finish reading the book completely–so I was quite unsure what to expect from reading this. I had wanted to love this book, and that is exactly how it ended to be—and perhaps I love it more than I had hoped. Generally this book was pretty repetitive. Little progress was made and Baek needed lots of reassurance she was doing okay. It wasn’t gripping or exciting, but also, that’s what therapy is like. i really enjoyed the first half of this book. the writing style is very blunt and straightforward which i found myself appreciating (for this topic) but i lost interest over halfway, for the same reason. it felt very repetitive and lost direction. it covered many topics such as depression, self-esteem, friendships/partners, etc.

Bagi yang ingin sembuh ataupun membersamai mereka yang terluka secara mental, buku ini recommended untuk dibaca. 🤍 🌻 Will strike a chord with anyone who feels that their public life is at odds with how they really feel inside.' - RedThere’s a desire to punish yourself, shall we say. You have this superego that exerts control over you, a superego built not only from your own experiences but cobbled together from all sorts of things that you admire, creating an idealised version of yourself. But that idealised version of yourself is, in the end, only an ideal. It’s not who you actually are. You keep failing to meet that ideal in the real world, and then you punish yourself. If you have a strict superego, the act of being punished eventually becomes gratifying. For example, if you’re suspicious of the love you’re receiving, and so act out until your partner lashes out and leaves you, you feel relief. You eventually become controlled more by imaginary outside forces than anything that is actually you.’ The second book is by author Baek Se Hee or the follow-up book from the author's consultation with a psychiatrist. The first book ended with a word that made me curious - hanging - which finally turned out to be the author's intention to release the second book. But with treatment and support, including self-care, the majority of people who have felt suicidal go on to live fulfilling lives. But if she's so hopeless, why can she always summon a desire for her favourite street food, the hot, spicy rice cake, tteokbokki? Is this just what life is like? Menyenangkan sekali membaca buku I Want To Die but I Want To Eat Tteokpokki 2. Isinya tidak segelap buku sebelumnya. Tentu saja senang sekali melihat perkembangan Sehee-ssi yang jauh lebih baik dan positif.

Hanya ada satu 'aku' di dunia. Dengan begitu aku adalah sesuatu yang amat spesial. Diriku adalah sesuatu yang harus kujaga selamanya. Diriku adalah sesuatu yang harus kubantu secara perlahan, kutuntun selangkah demi selangkah dengan penuh kasih sayang dan kehangatan. Diriku adalah sesuatu yang butuh istirahat sesaat sambil menarik napas panjang atau terkadang butuh cambukan agar bisa bergerak ke depan. Aku percaya aku akan menjadi semakin bahagia jika aku semakin sering melihat ke dalam diriku sendiri.” (h. 111) I love how the author said that she's happy yesterday but feeling bad again today because of something. Healing huh? If I can share mine, I never have a psychological problem until the last day of college. After that is boom! I feel anxiety every time. I become better after I get some inspirational quotes or motivation. Also after I met so many lovely friends on fandom that also in my ages and struggling with anxiety too (seems like we encourage each other). But it doesn't stay forever, there's also a time when I don't know what to do in live and just wanna be a grass. There's so many ups and downs in my healing progress, but I love it, I'm amazed that I still here, striving for the best. Siri 2 ini rasa bertambah berat. Rasa gelap menyelubungi. Sama seperti siri 1 penulis asyik mahu berhenti kerja tapi Doktor selalu minta penulis fikir balik. Bagi kata-kata rasional. Boleh aku katakan Doktor ini sangat profesional. Jadi belajarlah tak prejudis pada para psikologis. A whole group of essays concludes the book, and this is the best material -- personal, honest, beautiful. My favorite essay is "A Life With No Modifiers" p170.

This item contains adult content

Baek Sehee is a successful young social media director at a publishing house when she begins seeing a psychiatrist about her - what to call it? - depression? She feels persistently low, anxious, endlessly self-doubting, but also highly judgemental of others. She hides her feelings well at work and with friends; adept at performing the calmness, even ease, her lifestyle demands. The effort is exhausting, overwhelming, and keeps her from forming deep relationships. This can't be normal. I just finished the first book a couple days ago and I really love this self development book because... It's not give me a bright ending. It shows me that if you want to heal yourself, you need a time. It's okay at least you have a progress. Also one important thing is sometimes when you are on the way on healing, you can feeling bad again. But that's okay, that's also a progress. Don't give up on your healing session!. I also got new information for myself. That the author's treatment lasted for more than a year. Previously, I thought that the consultation conducted by the author with a psychiatrist doctor was about a few months or Jika siri 1 ada hal masih tak diluahkan kali ini hal sensitif pun diceritakan secara terang. Bagi sesetengah yang baca mungkin ada rasa agak terganggu.Ada part aku cemas saat penulis katakan perasaan ekstrem dia datang dan detik-detik fikiran dia waktu tu dan cubaan bunuh diri yang dinyatakan tanpa tapisan. Terkesan dengan kata-kata Doktornya rasionalkan balik penulis.Banyak hal terjadi pada penulis satu demi satu dibongkar sepanjang rawatan kali ni. Yang terkini + lampau semua terkait. Baek führt von außen betrachtet ein normales Leben: Sie hat einen Job in einem Verlag, der ihr Spaß macht, Freunde und eine Partnerschaft, die sie sehr erfüllt. Ihre Gefühle kann sie gegenüber jeder Person gut verbergen und strahlt eine Gelassenheit und Leichtigkeit aus. In ihrem Inneren ist Baek ängstlich, verzweifelt und niedergeschlagen und begibt sich daher in eine Therapie, denn es kostet sie viel Kraft diese Fassade aufrechtzuerhalten.

It’s hard, it’s a long game, and although probably life changing, it doesn’t feel like it at the time. This one won’t give you a lightbulb moment, but it might make you feel very heard and a lil warm. The book is a write up of Baek’s time in therapy discussing this, as well as how she tends to use food for comfort. Usually the psychologist in me means that I have issues over confidentially, but as this is specifically Baek’s own stuff, I think I’m okay. Bagaimana dengan isinya? Pada buku ke dua ini, dialog antar penulis dan psikiaternya lebih jelas. Proses penyembuhannya pun terlihat lebih signifikan, meski sejujurnya keadaan penulis di buku kedua ini makin parah (Kenapa? Baca sendiri deh ya), namun perlahan dengan adanya proses penerimaan diri, penulis berangsur pulih meski depresi belum sepenuhnya sembuh.

I thought this was a really wonderful book in its honestly. There are so many personal details and the author’s willingness to share her thoughts and experiences, even if they portray her in a negative light, gives such an intimacy within the book. In a lot of her conversations with her therapist it was almost eerie how closely I could relate to it, while in others she completely confounded me. I just appreciate how real and messy this book explains life, it really embraces the complexity of mental health and self perception. Every time I read this book - including the first book - I have mixed feelings. I also seem to understand what the author feels. Because I myself also felt and was in a situation like that too. And to conclude, this Freudian bale of hay ultimately validated my feelings (of not being the right reader for the book). And to reiterate my point above, I truly hope this book can bring someone else comfort even though it did nothing for me. Why did I continue reading this even though I already knew halfway through that this wasn't for me? Well, to put it simply, I think Anton Hur is super cool, and I will read everything he translates/writes. Don't get me wrong, the experience wasn't awful at all, it just wasn't 'rewarding'/'fulfilling'. I think one of the most important lessons that I learned from this book is that there is only one "you" in this world, and you are special in your own way, regardless of what happens. I Want to Die but I Want to Eat Tteokpokki is a book originally written in Korean, about a woman diagnosed with dysthymia. Baek Se-hee wrote the dialogues during her sessions with a psychiatrist, and included her inner thoughts on how she wants to love herself better.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment