276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Elmer Girl's costume skirt, headband, fancy dress, world book day, One size fits all

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Because, obviously you and your kids absolutely love World Book Day - and all the amazing literary costumes that come with it. But, it can be hard to know where to start with so many ideas out there...

These World Book Day costumes are not only simple to make but also budget-friendly, using everyday household items plus a few craft staples you likely already have on hand. Frantically running around last minute trying to come up with some homemade costume ideas because you completely forgot about it whilst juggling the 50 other things you've got going on (no? Just us then). Next up: ears. This was a job for my glue gun. I literally glued squares of felt on to both sides of pieces of card that I had cut into big ear shapes. I also glued tabs in loops on to the card, wrapping them around a hairband. I finished by handsewing some little stitches on the tabs to tighten their grip on the hairband.

It wouldn’t be World Book Day without a superhero costume. Aryan Uzzaman loves playing with his Incredible Hulk action figure and dressing up as the Marvel Comics character. Another classic children's character, Peter Pan is the boy who never grew up. 19. James and the Giant Peach Think about sleepwear - Pyjamas and nighties can work for all sorts of costumes, like The Darlings from Peter Pan or Sophie from The BFG. Harry now carried a large cage that held a beautiful snowy owl, fast asleep with her head under her wing."

Start with a stripey jumper. It can be the start of many an easy costume including Dennis the Menace, Minnie the Minx, Where's Wally, or Horrid Henry.

Books Multibuys

Have your child wear jeans and a white long sleeve top. You can paint red stripes onto the top using fabric pens or fabric paint. Then, have them wear a white bobble hat, again using fabric pens or paint for the stripes. Finish the look with a pair of glasses or add some Wally- or Wenda-ish hair with Book Aid's Where's Wally costume templates. The construction of the actual dress was really straightforward – it was the piecing of all those squares that took forever. I did have a little helper who was passing the squares to me to sew. I also had a little monster who kept walking aimlessly through the carefully laid out pieces on the floor… Look through EVERYONE'S wardrobes. Dad's tie may make a great Penny Crayon costume and an apron could be fashioned into an Alice in Wonderland dress. Greg Heffley, the main character from the much loved Diary of a Wimpy Kid series by Jeff Kinney, is a favourite for World Book Day. Everyone must have read the Very Hungry Caterpillar when they were younger. The story of a small caterpillar who eats everything in sight before becoming a butterfly has been a staple for generations. It's also an easy costume to make that looks like you've put a little thought and effort into it.

Our seven homemade costumes will make you stand out at World Book Day 2023. All these costumes are cheap and easy to make, making them ideal when you're on a budget or for beginners looking to become better crafters. This year, World Book Day was so much fun. For the past couple of years my daughter has dressed up in shop-bought costumes – I think she’s been a fairy and Snow White. They weren’t the most imaginative costumes ever, but she was happy enough. This year was different. Disney characters can have some simple and easy-to-copy outfits, and most of them are based on books.

Renew your subscription today and save 20%!

I’ve not met a child who doesn’t like Elmer. Did you know it was originally published in 1968? And there are now nearly 30 spin-offs!

Finally, cut out two holes around the side of the ears and join your trunk using the elasticated string. Get some hair gel for Tintin's quiff or pin in place, a blue jumper with a white shirt underneath and brown trousers and use a stuffed dog for Snowy - simple. 14. Fantastic Mr FoxThis morning we went on little walk pretending we were going on a bear hunt, we read The Tiger Who Came To Tea and recreated the tea party for our lunch. This afternoon William is doing some maths with The Very Hungry Caterpillar and this evening Daddy has promised to help them make a den to read their bedtime story in.” Wimpy Kid Caelan, 9, is Greg Heffley from Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Photo: Tenika Blake) Wrap the ears and extra strip around your child's head to ensure it fits, trimming it down if necessary. With this in mind, for World Book Day 2023, we want to help you win at parenting with the best World Book Day costumes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment