276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Christopher Pumpkin

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And so...Christopher Pumpkin decides to come up with a plan. A scary plan. One that might even send the scary witch running in fear! There were SPARKLES and GLITTER...A creepy old witch wants to throw a party - the biggest and bestest and scariest party yet.

I read this today to my class of 6 year olds and not only did they enjoy it, but many of them wanted to read it independently. The illustrations accompany this seasonal story perfectly 🎃 I really enjoyed this picture book. I will admit it took me a bit to suspend my inner critic to read this. I mean this is a picture book so I had take it with a grain of salt. Which was hard. A-maze-ing! Follow Waldo on a journey through impossibly intricate mazes—with enough twists and turns to make you giddy. The witch of Spooksville needs help getting ready for her party, so she brings pumpkins to life- but something goes horribly wrong with the last one, and instead of conjuring something spooky or ghastly, she makes Christopher. Christopher loves glitter, unicorns, and cupcakes. Christopher is given an ultimatum: be spooky or be turned into soup.

The illustrations were spot on - the emotions were really well drawn and the color choice was perfect. Help children to tap with a steady beat as they wave their ‘magic wands’- also to consolidate ‘moving into writing’ actions (see extension activities). Sue Hendra is a writer (and sometimes illustrator) of over seventy books for children, including (along with her frequent writing partner Paul Linnet) Barry the Fish with Fingers, Norman the Slug with the Silly Shell, Keith the Cat with the Magic Hat, and Supertato. Her book Wanda and the Alien has been adapted for television in the UK.

Fans of Room on the Broom and How to Catch a Monster will love this creepy-cute tale about one pumpkin who must learn to embrace his differences when he realizes he's unlike the other pumpkins. This oversized board book is perfect for Halloween! But one pumpkin has gone wrong, instead of embracing and loving all things spooky and ghoulish he is a different kind of pumpkin, he is more into pink sparkles, cupcakes and glitter. Me ha parecido una historia muy entretenida para contar a niños pequeños. Estamos acostumbrados a leer sobre Halloween dentro del correspondiente escenario oscuro o fantasmagórico pero, en la etapa infantil, es interesante trabajar esta celebración, y algunos aspectos propios de la cultura, sin necesidad de darle todo el protagonismo a los personajes propiamente 'malvados'. Y este cuento presenta esa particularidad de explotar un personaje bueno o inocente dentro de un universo oscuro.

About BlackRaven

A sweet, spooky, fun Halloween read for toddlers with a message of just being yourself and accepting and being comfortable with your differences. No sé cómo será la versión en tapa blanda. Yo pedí la de tapa dura porque me parecen más resistentes. Es cierto que vale más caro, pero compensa no sufrir por el libro si le vas a dar un uso continuado.

A spooky story about one pumpkin who is different from all the others. Christopher Pumpkin tries to help the witch with her scary party but his sense of fun is far different from everyone else’s. But that's far too much for one old witch to do. So she brings a few pumpkins to life to help, like: Gnarly, Grizzley, Grunty, Roar, Snaggletooth, Stink Face...Annnnd....Christopher Pumpkin? I loved how Christopher Pumpkin loved pink cupcakes and unicorns and wasn't ashamed to bake and decorate the way he wanted to. Christopher is a pumpkin who is created by a witch. Along with other pumpkins, the witch has asked them to do all the dirty work and heavy lifting to get ready for the witches spooky Halloween party. However, Christopher would rather put up bunting then spiderwebs and is not exactly what she had in mind when she wanted spooky. The other pumpkins think he’ll never be able to scare them, but still Christopher is given on more chance (or he can leave) to help. Will Christopher prove he can be scary, or will he leave the witches home? Told in the Night Before Christmas format, this is a story for the quirky kid in all of us.

Emmalita on “Remember. There will be other days. And there will be other feelings.” Let me know which badge this fulfills

This angers the witch who threatens to turn poor Christopher into pumpkin soup unless he can mend his ways and be spooky like the rest. Christopher Pumpkin forma parte de un grupo de calabazas de Halloween que deben asustar a los invitados de una fiesta organizada por una bruja. Sin embargo, la última que crea esta con su varita es la antítesis de lo que representa la festividad, pues es adorable y carismático... El resto te toca descubrirlo a ti. Discussion; Encourage the children to talk about Fairy Godmothers and magic wishes, discuss what their magic wish would be? Absolutely fantastic illustrations and fun rhyming text tell the story of a witch who's throwing a party and wants everything to be perfectly scary. She's completely overwhelmed with all their is to do so she spells a few pumpkins to animate and help out. Christopher Pumpkin likes all things pretty and just doesn't fit in. Can he find a way to be scary enough that the witch won't turn him into a pumpkin instead?? Sue Hendra is the author and illustrator of the hugely popular and hilarious Barry the Fish with Fingers and Dave. The Wanda the Alien TV series has been a huge success and is screening on Channel 5. Immediately after completing her art degree at Brighton University, Sue got a job with Bloomsbury. She also worked for Walker Books, Oxford University Press and Macmillan where she honed her skills as an illustrator and writer of picture books. Sue has been creating award-winning and bestselling picture books for over fifteen years and has worked on over seventy books.A witch is busy getting ready for her ghastly party, so she conjures for pumpkin minions to help her. The last pumpkin, however, is Christopher – who has very different ideas of what makes a good party. But perhaps his way is what would be truly scary for ghoulish guests. The plot was short but really well executed - the being-true-to-yourself vs following-everyone's-expectations. Reading for pleasure and children’s literature is a passion of mine so I hope that you enjoy this resources as much as I have enjoyed making it!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment