276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Acqua di Parma COLONIA INTENSA EDC 100 ML.

£17£34.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The reviewer - I don't know what he's been snorting, but I want some. Far off from bland and boring. Now that's opulent wording and quite a imaginative synesthesia. However, as a reader I feel tired with multitude of overtly complex sentences, abstract adjectives and comparisons. Sometimes less is more! Some would say there is fennel in here as well. I thought it was in there too, though it's not listed in the fragrance triangle above nor on fragrantica's. It's not too sharp here, which tends to be a bit challenging for me to bear. The key is in how the citruses and cardamom puncture the perfect dosage of benzoin and leather notes, giving them a spiky, brilliant texture that glints and glistens, whilst the ginger and artemisia tonic the tartness with a mellow, suede-like smoothness, slightly gelatinous with a jelly wobble. The use of ginger in Colonia Intensa, adding warmth and spark without excessive suggestions of its dust or fire, recalls a colouring of the material more in keeping with masculines like Bleu de Chanel, The One For Men, and Tom Ford For Men, rather than today's penchant for exposing the mustier, mildew connotations of powdered ginger like in Twilly d'Hermès Eau Ginger or Blue Moon Ginger Dash.

Prefiguring their revolutionary Colonia Oud of 2012, a remarkable feat of olfactory design which communicates the character of oud whilst at the same time maintaining the lightness and clear-sighted structure of a traditional cologne, 2007's Colonia Intensa achieves a similar modulation to leather – unmistakable in dry, sappy tannins, but also fully cologne with an airy, hole-punched minerality;citric,sun-soaked, and clean as a dazzling white dress shirt. In essence, Colonia Intensa manages to make leather smell like it has the form and consistency of water, soaking the heavier materials in a mist of waterfall spray, sparkling with soil-sodden salinity. If you are imagining an oceanic leather, twinkling of tangy seaweed and sailboats, think again! What makes Colonia Intensa different and special is the way it evokes a sense of the aquatic as in transparent, crystal-clear, dewy, hydrated, water-logged, moist, flowing, and even clammy, without falling into marine margins. Despite its shimmer of light beam and surf, Colonia Intensa also never feels over-diluted like an ozonic musk stripped of its richness or namesake intensity. Colonia Intensa - agreed. Unpopular (let it remain this way!), office friendly, easy to wear, comforting, spicy yet soothing, but never bland nor boring.

International delivery

Embark on a fragrant voyage through Italian landscapes with our selection of Acqua di Parma scents. The story of the iconic lifestyle brand started in 1916 when Carlo Magnani concocted the coveted Colonia. With its distinctively fresh aroma, this cologne instantly achieved international success. It's made with the same time-honoured process a century later – as are a variety of captivating new blends. Acqua Di Parma: Iconic Italian Luxury. Shop luxury perfumes, skincare, candles & more at great prices.

Since 1916, iconic perfume house Acqua Di Parma has been associated with Italian luxury and refinement. Renowned as one of the greatest unisex fragrances ever created, Acqua Di Parma’s Acqua Di Parma’s Colonia captures the essence of life under the Italian sun with its instantly recognisable notes of lemon, orange, and bergamot. The Acqua Di Parma Colonia Essenza Collection includes aftershave balm, shower gel, deodorant and more, fusing woody, citrus fragrances with musk for a masculine, playful scent. The Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo range of fragrance and bath and body products exude the warm energy of the sun. For a taste of the exotic, Acqua Di Parma Oud is the epitome of oriental luxury and warmth, and will have you dreaming of a far-flung getaway spent exploring sensual silks and spices.

My Account

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment