276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Skeleton Keys: The Unimaginary Friend

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I decided to read "Skeleton Key" by Anthony Horowitz because lots of my friends had read it and had said it was a great book. I had read the first book in the series before and I thought it was really good. The cover of the book isn't very exciting but the content inside the book definitely is. The characters are superbly portrayed. Who could not love and admire Nell for abandoning the claustrophobic craziness and striking out on her own? Or Dom for becoming the quintessential 'city boy' in retaliation to his parents loose and louche lifestyle? Alex Rider is an orphan turned teen superspy who's saving the world one mission at a time—from #1 New York Times bestselling author!

Frightening/Intense Scenes: The villain shooting himself; implied deaths of characters; creepy villain. Grappig detail is dat de schrijver en de illustrator zich voorstellen achteraan het boek, helemaal in de tekenstijl die je doorheen het boek terugvindt. Zelfs de vertaalster krijgt een eigen pagina, want zij mag zeker ook extra in het daglicht geplaatst worden. The plot of this one is pretty complicated (one of my complaints), but the basic premise is that there is a children's book (based on a real book the author loves as a child) that left clues for readers to find treasure in real life (in this case a tiny golden skeleton split up into sections), and people became obsessed with it, making its author and illustrator a very rich man. It also painted a target on his daughter, who he named after the character in the book whose skeleton all the treasure hunters were looking to find. A large part of this book is Eleanor (who goes by Nell) dealing with the fallout from obsessive unhealthy fandom. I was pretty disappointed with this one. I really enjoyed Point Blank, but this book pretty much paled in comparison to it. Don't get me wrong, it was enjoyable enough, but it wasn't everything I was hoping for. It’s Summer 2021 and also the 50th anniversary of the book “the Golden Bones” written by Frank Churcher. The book consists of pictures, part story and also a treasure hunt for fans of the book. Nell has been told to come home and celebrate with the family. And also, the launch of an app to coincide with the book and help them in a quest find the last of the missing bones.

Become a Member

While the mystery is great, it's the characters that make this book. Actions that start out with good intentions become derailed and disastrous making it an unpredictable and rewarding read. The story inside is every bit as stunning, intricate and enticing as the cover art.

Familien til Ben flytter fra et sted til et annet hvert år. Da er det naturligvis vanskelig for Ben å få seg venner, men nå fyller Ben år og han har selvsagt invitert alle barna i landsbyen til bursdagsfest. Dessverre er det ikke noen som møter opp. Ingen kommer i bursdagsselskapet! Ben blir selvfølgelig kjempelei seg, men han har i hvert fall Gorblimey, fantasivennen sin. Gorblimey er trofast, hans bestevenn og vil aldri svikte ham. Plutselig viser det seg at fantasien blir virkelig og Gorblimey står rett foran ham, i levende live! I tillegg møter Ben en annen rar figur, Skeleton Keys, som egentlig er fortelleren av denne boka, og herr Keys mener at Gorblimey er et livsfarlig monster. Skeleton Keys er et ganske dandy skjelett, og har i likhet med Bens venn vært en fantasivenn, men nå åpner han dører med sine nøkkelfingre. In this delightful natural and cultural history of bone, Brian Switek explains where our skeletons came from, what they do inside us, and what others can learn about us when these artifacts of mineral and protein are all we’ve left behind.In Skeleton Key, Alex notices a Geiger counter in a Game Boy Advance ( Nintendo DS in later publications) console he was given by his "parents", deducing that Turner and Troy were sent to the island to search for a nuclear bomb. The two CIA agents reluctantly reveal their suspicions and their plan to infiltrate Sarov's residence – the Casa de Oro - by scuba diving into a cave underneath the house that features a ladder formerly used by smugglers that leads to the grounds. Alex goes with them but stays on the boat while Turner and Troy go underwater. When they do not return after a while, Alex dives in and, after a close encounter with a shark, discovers a mechanical spear trap disguised as stalactites and stalagmites that had impaled Turner and Troy, which kills the shark as well. When he resurfaces, Alex is captured by Conrad, Sarov's disfigured right-hand man, who drugs him. Although Alex reluctantly tells the truth when interrogated by Conrad, he decides to kill Alex anyway by feeding him into two large grindstones in a sugar mill. Sarov stops him at the last second and Alex passes out.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment