276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Caran d'Ache Creative Art Materials NeoColor II Water Soluble Wax Pastel Set, Multi-Colour, Pack of 15 & Artist Plexiglass Pallet White 26 x 13 mm

£23.025£46.05Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There are 2 types of Neocolor Wax pastels. Neocolor 2 are water-soluble whereas Neocolor 1 aren’t. This does mean that if you wanted to you could create effects by combining the two. For example if I use non watersoluble white pastel and a soluble green I get a wax resist effect. You can see here some other combinations too. Raw sienna was added to the nearer bush and midnight blue for the darker areas and the cast shadow. Neocolor IIs are great for mixed media projects and cover well on many different kinds of surface because they are so opaque. Pretty much the only thing they don’t work very well on is glass. By the way, once the watercolour dries, I did have a hard time using wax and oil-based coloured pencils on top. Even the white pastel pencils had a hard time showing up. This is where the watercolour or acrylic ink would come in handy.

In a lot of my watercolor paintings, I use colored pencils to build color in an area or add texture, and these pastels would be excellent for doing that. These pastels work on a wide variety of surfaces – a real advantage for an artist who likes to experiment. Today’s post will be shorter, and a little break from watercolors, to review Caran d’Ache Neocolor II water-soluble wax oil pastel. I will also do a little comparison with the Crayola Portfolio Series water-soluble oil pastels.

Once the crayons have been water activated, they can be repetedly wet and reworked as many times as you like. This may be a turn off for some, but I think this is one of the strengths of the Neocolor IIs. The crayons are so opaque that layering is still very easy, even with them remaining water soluble after the first wash. You can work from dark to light or light to dark, both work really well. The artist and Caran d’Ache have joined forces to dream up two assortments of 10 Neocolor® II Aquarelle pastels. One in cold shades, playing on a range of blues, greens and pinks. The other in warmer tones with a range of yellows, oranges and umber. Two original palettes consisting of the artist’s favourite colours. For the final painting Welsh Farm I decided to work on the smoother side of Sennelier Rough 140lb watercolour paper and drew a pencil drawing of the subject.

I scraped shavings of sky blue followed by moss green and olive brown into the nearer hillside then solubilised these shavings with a flat brush, which achieved a transition from a misty hilltop down into the group of trees below. The most iconic water-soluble pastels from Caran d’Ache can be found in a limited edition designed in collaboration with the artist Beya Rebaï. An internationally renowned French illustrator and Neocolor® ambassador, she made a name for herself with her colourful, dreamlike world and her meticulous palette. These pastels with bright, vibrant colours, a velvety texture and exceptional lightfastness are essential media for her work with some of the biggest names including The Guardian, the NY Times, les Échos and Nike to name but a few.Caran d’Ache Neocolor II Water-Soluble Wax Oil Pastels are available individulay or in tins of assorted colours in sets of ten, 15, 30, 40 and 84. How to paint a snowy farm scene using Neoclour II

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment