276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Corsair CP-9020139-UK HX1000 1000 W 80+ Platinum Fully Modular Power Supply Unit - Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

the FPS goes up to like 400, 500, and more (MSi Afterburner showings) and at these setting with the high FPS and the GPU on like 50% load the sound is terrible (30 feet/2 rooms away). And the moment I start some workload on my GPU the loud CoilWhine or Buzzing or whatever I should call it is there again. But I found out two interesting things ....... Now it gets interesting, because I put in my new RM1000i the last hour and nothing changed. I do get the exact same problems. The not so loud whine (electrical sound) in idle. Scenario 1 : over the span of an hour, I do not make much noise for 59 min (15 dBA), and then for 1 min I make as much noise as an airplane (130 dBA), the average noise output will be (59x15 + 130x1)/60 = 16.9 dBA. But usually I like to get a PSU with better build quality and lower wattage than one with slightly less good build quality and higher wattage.

In the middle part I start Heaven, only to get some load on the GPU - like 50% workload all settings on low in heaven, nothing special, and you can clearly hear the loud and annoying "buzzing" sound.Electrolytic: 2x Nichicon (2-5,000h @ 105°C, HD), 2x Nippon Chemi-Con (1-5,000h @ 105°C, KZE), 9x Nippon Chemi-Con (4-10,000h @ 105°C, KY), 2x Rubycon (4-10,000h @ 105°C, YXF) I got an RTX 3090 FE and it sounds like a mini rc place is going around in my case. Sounds like a tiny place or race car is running around and the sound changes with the power consumption and FPS. Under 300w no buzz, over 300w - Buzz. I have no idea if that may say something to you - Jonnyguru, because to me it does say nothing, only that the second corsair PSU (RMi now) does have exactly the same problem. The loud one (I say more like buzzing) is only on high FPS, but the moment I activate G-Sync on window mode too, it seems like I never get more then my monitors 144 (165) FPS.

To tell you the truth, I rly appreciate all your help, pictures, tips and awesome knowledge in that regard, but I will try all I can to get rid of most of the whine without changing the cables.

UNWAVERING POWER AND QUALITY

If you compare both averages, you might be tempted to say : "Scenario 1 is quieter than Scenario 2". But with Scenario 1, you inner ear is permanently damaged. Now that 3- and 4-way SLI is on the outs, I can only assume it's just the miners that need so much wattage anymore.

STMicroelectronics STU6N65K3 (650V, 3A @ 100°C, 1.3Ω) Infineon BSC0906NS (30V, 40A @ 100°C, 4.5 mΩ) Electrolytics: Nippon Chemi-Con (105°C, W, KZE, KYB), Nippon Chemi-Con (4000-10,000h @ 105°C, KY), Rubycon (3-6000h @ 105°C, YXG), Nichicon (5000-6000h @ 105°C, HV) Polymers: FPCAP, Nippon Chemi-Con the sound is loud, but the fans do get loud enough so you only can hear it if you know it or look out for it, but if I set Heaven to minimum settings and lower resolution (1920x1080), Thanks for your comment/answer again and I will try out all the original cables over the Christmas period, because it will take some time to destroy my cable management and change it all. But something positive happened, too, and I have to tell you because I have no idea why. I changed the positioning of the pci cables in the psu a bit, and the "louder buzzing" is like halfed now.

Quiet, efficient operation

Had all three cables along the left side before and only the CPU cable on the middle line of plug-ins on the PSU. Put one of the three GPU plugs to the middle and its like half as loud all of a sudden. Sure the better power supply on paper will give better results .. but they are way above the requirement of the PC hardware. Your electric bill is only going to change depending on a lot of factors. Air conditioning and home appliances are going to take up 90% of your electric bill, and because the percentage of that bill making up your computer is so small it can almost be ignored at times. The change is so small that it is not distinguishable between your other household appliances most likely. Your pre-recorded DVD movies will look sharp on the Sony, with realistic colours - particularly with progressive scan via the component video connection. And with audio the RDR-HX1000 really impresses, creating the best surround soundstage in this group via the optical or coaxial outputs. Open Water was even more menacing here than elsewhere in this group test, making the RDR-HX1000 the best home cinema sound machine this month. CDs also sound good - better than on many midrange CD players.

The +12V rails can deliver up to 40A each if the multi-rail mode is selected. According to Corsair, each individual connector has over-current protection, so no more than 40A goes through any given cable. Then took it a friend's house and he had an RM1000i so I put it on his system and the RTX 3090 did not buzz.Two EPS connectors and eight PCIe ones across four cables are plenty to cover every imaginable usage scenario. The number of SATA connectors is adequate, and the same goes for four-pin Molex connectors since we don't often see eight of them (even in the highest-capacity PSUs). Corsair bundles a FDD adapter for those folks who still need one. Power Distribution After taking apart my PC several times and trying to find the noise problem, trying to put the GPU horizontal again, trying different riser cables, different PSU cables and many other things, That said, the problem could be the cables. Could be the PCIe riser. Any kind of signal noise can impact switching frequencies. Best way to troubleshoot that is to try the original cables and to try the PC without the riser. My wife is on home office and sits 2 rooms away and its only ok for her to work if I close both doors in between !

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment