276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Karma: A Yogi's Guide to Creating Your Own Destiny: A Yogi's Guide to Crafting Your Destiny

£11.25£22.50Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But, it's a little bit deeper than that. The law of creation posits that the things that are going on in the inside are reflected on the outside. For example, if you are surrounded by negatively, there is negativity within you. If you are surrounded by love, there is love within you. 2. The Law Of Creation What does the law of responsibility look like in real life? Let's say that you have a problem in your life that causes you a great deal of stress. In fact, you are so stressed that you react in anger to others in your life. While you may not have caused the problem that's bringing you so much stress, you are responsible for the consequences of your negative behavior that resulted from it. After Pru grew on me, my attention focused on other aspects I found confusing and problematic. Firstly, if the karma element had been deleted could the story have been much the same? The answer is yes. Did the karma element add anything to the story? I would argue that no it did not. In my opinion it was weird and unnecessary.

If you were to apply the law of growth, you would would only work on that which is under your control - yourself. If the relationship was not healthy you might exercise your choice to leave; or, you might choose to change your perception of the other party's perceived flaws. the twelve laws of karma I’m lowering one star because of annoying heroine part ( even though I learned to like her, at the beginning she earned hundreds of punching points) and at the last parts Quint should be groveling more because he definitely did something really hurtful in my opinion! Todo el mundo me había dicho que no me iba a gustar, que no espere demasiado de él, que no era la gran cosa, que tuvo mala crítica, etc

The law of humility states that we must accept what "is." It's futile to fight against the things you have no control over. They simply are what they are, and they must be accepted with grace and humility. Let go of the expectations of how you think things should be. The law of change says that history will continue to repeat itself until steps are taken to make change. This is triple caramel whip, half-sweet, skim, iced vanilla cappuccino kind of delicious reading! I loved the karmic justice idea! Prudence was a little annoying heroine at the beginning but thankfully the book is long enough for you to get used to her quirkiness! Prudence was so immature and selfish. She was narrow-minded and self-righteous. And yes, this is all part of her character arc and growth but I couldn't help but roll my eyes every time she acted like she was superior to all those around her. In fact, I'm not entirely convinced that her superiority complex is fully gone by the end of the story.

I'm not usually into romance but this was definitely cute. I enjoyed the way their relationship developed, but how it did so while they both mostly stayed true to who they were. It's not about changing to please someone - it's about being accepted just as you are. The karma angle was probably a little weak for my tastes, but it means that you can hold on to realism by wondering if maybe it IS all just coincidental. I did enjoy the ethical dilemmas it led to, but it still felt poorly utilised. The story definitely feels more about the romance than karma. The next problem was that it felt way longer than what was warranted. The last 25% was actually really good and I wish that the editor had trimmed the early sections so we could arrive at this point a bit sooner. I liked the relationships in the book, but it was a very full cast and perhaps this is where some of the trimming could have occurred.In the end, even though I didn't love this novel, I did enjoy parts of it. I really liked the side characters and would have liked more from them. Honestly, all of the characters were great except for Pru. Maybe I'm being overly judgmental of her, but then again, she was overly judgmental of everyone around her so let's just call that karmic justice, if you will. The law of change says that if we hope to get off the wheel of karma, we must take steps to change our deeply ingrained patterns. the 12 laws of karma The law of giving and hospitality maintains that selfless acts are the true measure of our intentions. It's not enough to talk about being generous, this law posits that our actions are the true determinant of our beliefs. I think my biggest issue with this book is that it’s a romance, but the characters have no chemistry and are just flat. I felt like the main male character was just too perfect, he was given no flaws, and the “flaws” that we were supposed to believe were true were so obviously false (you’ll see what I mean if or when you read the book). I loved how completely clueless Pru was when it came to all boys, but especially when it came to Quint.

I think it’s smart that Meyer introduces us to these two from Pru’s biased perspective. It really lends to the way we eventually get to know Quint. Reluctantly (haha) through Pru’s eyes. I thought that this was a great YA love story. Their friendship is non-existent at first, more enemies than anything, then grows to more over time. Pru has flaws. She isn’t a perfect bubbly character. I appreciated that because don’t we all have moments of selfishness or poor decision making? I think sometimes in fiction we expect characters to be without fault, and I liked that our lead had faults and had to recognize and grow out of them. Quint also has his flaws, even though they aren’t really as extensive as Pru once assumed. I like that these two got to know each other on a deeper level, and sort of learned that they were more than the people they were in science.Prudence suddenly gets the power of being able to grant instant karma on those who deserve it. I wasn’t a fan of Prudence, if anything I thought she should get some instant karma against her for her behavior. She is selfish, annoying, judgmental, and thinks she is better than everyone else. Eventually she changes but by then it was too late for me, I thought she was just too unbearable. A todo esto hay que sumarle que al principio de la historia la protagonista se da un golpe en la cabeza y DE LA NADA puede controlar el Karma. Este poder tendrá poca importancia a lo largo de la historia y me pareció un poco de más. As I mentioned, Quint was just so PERFECT. It was annoying. I've never understood why writing advice always says to give your characters flaws, but now I do. Quint is everything I don't want in a book boyfriend. He is bland, boring and uninteresting. He was too flawless to even be human, and it was annoying how we were reminded of how good he was every five seconds. El libro lo leí súper rápido y me enamoró. Las parejas de Marissa Meyer son lo mejor que existen. Siempre tan sanas, puras y con tanta química. Me reí y me emocioné un montón de veces.🙈🙈

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment