276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Book of Stolen Dreams (The Stolen Dreams Adventures)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We don’t know why this has happened, but Farr immediately sets up a tense and unsettling atmosphere. We are introduced to our protagonists, Robert and Rachel Klein, when they accompany their father to the lending library where he works. This journey is done at night, and nobody is told about it so we know it is dangerous. All we know is that it has something to do with The Book of Stolen Dreams that Felix Klein steals - rumours are that it is scheduled to be destroyed - and charges his children with protecting until they can hand it over to a man called Solomon. The Book of Stolen Dreams is a powerful story that puts the heroes in danger almost constantly, yet still delivers a highly emotional and satisfying ending. The magic that was uncovered proved fascinating. I loved its slow introduction in the book and loved learning how it impacted the lives of these children. David Farr integrated it seamlessly into the story and I was engaged in all the different aspects that combined to make this a fascinating and fast-paced story. As we follow Rachel and Robert in their task, they are placed in extreme peril. They suffer in the way that only young children in stories can. The odds are against them. They are pitched into a battle they might not win…but their determination to do the right thing and their bravery makes for a gripping story. You do? Ha! I knew it!” He jumped in delight. “Where are your wonderful parents? Are they getting you a hot chocolate from the cafe? I’m afraid to say it isn’t very good.”

Rachel is escaping her home in the city of Brava and heading to Port St. Clement to find her brother. Her mother is dead and her father in prison. She is cold, hungry and hasn’t slept for days.The mix of characters here provides such wonderful possibilities. From the evil tyrant president who hates children and has turned a country into a wasteland, from the brave, smart, adorable kids like Rachel and Robert on a mission to save their father and the whole country, to a whole heap of side-characters that either made me giggle, or want to hug the book.

This is a superbly written book that I highly recommend for children who are not put off by a little darkness in the stories they read.As if sensing what she was thinking, the little man stood beside her at the rail and spoke quietly. With a gorgeous cover like that and with the tile of The Book of Stolen Dreams I had high expectations for this adventurous middle grade novel. Unfortunately those were not at all met. Lo que más me ha gustado ha sido la historia… ES QUE ES ALUCINANTE. Cada vez que acabas un capítulo te dan ganas de leer otro porque acaba con el inicio de otra movida más chunga todavía. Lo que más me ha gustado son sus aventuras tipo que flipo con que una niña de 12 años viaje sola a otro país que está en otro continente solo porque le han dado una notita. (No es spoiler, es el primer capítulo) Her brother, Robert, was also provided with chapters set from his perspective. This was necessary as they remained apart for much of the book but his actions were still important ones. He was initially involved in more scheming and so I enjoyed learning about the plans for Malstain's demise from him.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment