276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Farley's All Ages 4-6 Months Onwards Banana Rusks, 150 g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Cook your teething rusks on the middle shelf of the oven for 10-12 minutes until the edges are slightly golden. Try to take them out when they’re just ready so that they don’t get too dry. Hopefully, as I am moving out of the baby phase I won't be making them many more times, so it is high time I share the recipe for others to start making them! Another important thing to note is that rusks are baked twice – baked, and then dried out – so make sure you have time to complete the project. You can dry them overnight, if you prefer. It’s a good idea to make a big batch, because of the time needed to cook and dry them. They also keep for months in an airtight container.

Notes: HEALTHY RUSK RECIPE FOR TEETHING BABY / (Easy, Follow along as I show you how to make this easy, HEALTHY RUSK RECIPE FOR TEETHING Heinz Farley's Rusks are an ideal weaning food for your baby. Simply crush the Rusks in a clean bowl and add some of your baby's usual milk (previously boiled water can also be used). Allow to stand until Rusks soften, mix into a smooth paste/puree and feed from a clean spoon. Memarpour M, Soltanimehr E, Eskandarian T. Signs and symptoms associated with primary tooth eruption: a clinical trial of nonpharmacological remedies. BMC Oral Health. 2015 Jul 28;15:88. doi: 10.1186/s12903-015-0070-2Lady Fingers are another good UK equivalent to Nilla Rusks. These are sponge biscuits that are light and airy while also a little dry. Heinz Farley's Rusks are a great way to gradually introduce your baby to solid foods. Tried and tested by mums for generations our unique recipe contains 7 vitamins and minerals like vitamin D and calcium which work together to help build strong bones and teeth. In fact one Rusk will provide 20% of your baby's daily iron requirements. They have different brand names and subtly different ingredients but are essentially the same product. However, finding an equivalent to Nabisco Nilla Wafers is a challenging task.

These Banana Bread rusks start out as a sweet, dense banana loaf and go on to become deliciously crunchy hunks of dunking joy. The process of slowly drying out the rusks fills your house with the sweet aroma of toasty banana bread for several hours (which my husband found so torturous he claimed he had to leave the house as he couldn’t get any work done.) That is indeed the most difficult part of the recipe, enduring the long wait while the rusks have dry out and then cool. Your reward? A hot cuppa with the perfect companion! Ingredients: Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.*Chef’s Tip: If the top becomes too dark during the baking, cover with foil. If you’re looking for the best substitute for Nilla Wafters in banana pudding, sugar or butter bookies are a good shout.

Sign In

These rusks are great to freeze and save for later. Give to teething babies frozen to really soothe sore gums. Read next There is no exact equivalent to Nilla Wafers in the UK; the above substitutes can work well depending on your recipe, but they’re not the same cookie.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment