276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pioneer SPH-DA120 Apple CarPlay compatible with large 6.2-Inch Capacitive Touch Screen, GPS, Bluetooth, Android and iPhone. Also supports AppRadio Mode

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I will not report on CarPlay itself on the Pioneer because, what is written today can change or could be improved upon next month with software updates, so be sure to read our other articles for opinions on Apple CarPlay OS, its app updates and changes to Apple’s CarPlay platform with each new iOS update. When you power up the device (without turning on CarPlay), you are taken to the Pioneer Home screen, that features quite a lot of menus and navigation options and might feel like a complex maze, especially for users accustomed to iPhone’s sophisticated, simple interfaces.

Ensure the device is set to 'iPhone' and connection is set to 'USB', ensure that 'CarPlay' is turned on Connect compatible mirrorlink device into USB port 2 (bottom port) on the rear of the SPH-DA120 with CD-MU200 cable

Main Features

Without a CD/DVD drive, you’re limited to radio and media over USB or HDMI, but by simply connecting your smartphone to the AppRadio 4, it will bring new life into the headunit, with the possibility of feeding it a variety of your own content, not only through Apple’s CarPlay platform or MirrorLInk, but with your device connected, applications such as Apple Music, Spotify or Pandora can be played through the receivers own audio player. This is great if you find CarPlay’s crashing a real burden from time to time, and it’s a nice way to have something a bit more stable to use until Apple iron out all the niggles that its CarPlay platform can bring! Wireless Bluetooth Audio This head unit comes with a rear camera input option too – to make it easier when reversing, parking, and maneuvering through tight spaces. It makes driving easier and safer. Apple/Android compatibility Now you can play audio files in FLAC format on your car’s stereo, without having to convert. Voice-control with Siri If you have an iPhone 4S or 5, you'll hear Siri's voice prompts through your vehicle's sound system, and you can make commands or ask questions through the microphone that's included with this receiver. You can set reminders, ask for songs, request directions, or anything else you'd normally do with your iPhone. Works with Android™ phones Pioneer has made it easier to create new Pandora stations while the app is in use with the Pandora Station Creation feature. Both iPhone and select Android users can simply press and hold a button on the receiver to create a new Pandora station dynamically from the currently playing song or artist.

It is worth highlighting that CarPlay is an evolving software platform that lives on your Apple iOS device, not in the receiver itself. So whichever aftermarket receiver you choose to install in your vehicle, the OS experience will be the same throughout – Don’t let any dealer tell you otherwise! CarPlay on the Pioneer AppRadio 4 is as it is on most enabled receivers. The capacitive screen helps with scrolling and interaction with the CarPlay interface is fairly responsive and on par with the Alpine, and like the Alpine, changing the location of the CarPlay side bar is done via the settings menu. One major criticism I have, is when connecting the iPhone you always get a disclaimer screen that you have to interact with to start using CarPlay. You don’t get this with the Alpine and it is unknown why Pioneer has to put you through this jarring process, every time you fire up Apple’s in-car platform. Lightning connector and iPod/iPhone devices with 30-pin connector. The AppRadio 4 is a true extension of your iPhone by giving you a

With the Pioneer SPH-DA120, you can control either your iPod or your iPhone through your car’s dashboard. Rear Camera Navigation is what I'm most concerned with. I want to use Google Maps like I do on my phone, but on the receiver, and be able to listen to music while getting turn-by-turn directions, and retain voice search in maps. So I'm trying to understand which connection method I should use.

A: Make sure you are using a mirrorlink compatible device such as the Sony Xperia Z or Galaxy S3 (requires drivelink app installed from samsung apps). The SPH-DA120 is a double DIN unit. “DIN” denotes standard automobile radio sizes. A double DIN is the bigger standard, and has a faceplate measuring 7 x 4 inches (single DIN measures 7 x 2 inches). The size you want depends on the size of the stereo slot in your car. With double DIN sizes, you can get smarter head units and more options to choose from. Capacitive touchscreen GPS antenna to ensure accurate positioning whilst the phone is inside the car. (External GPS Antenna included) And what apps can you take advantage of? You'll find plenty to enjoy, including MotionX-GPS Drive, INRIX® traffic, AUPEO! Personal Radio, Pandora® Internet radio, and Pioneer's MIXTRAX, with more coming down the road. The apps will look great on the 6.2" capacitive touchscreen, which recognizes all zoom, swipe, and pinch gestures just as if you were using your smartphone.Pioneer’s AppRadio® 4 revolutionizes the driver’s experience by bringing compatible phone apps to the dash for the ultimate in-vehicle smartphone experience. With AppRadio, you can access your phone's Calendar, Maps, Photos and other compatible apps directly on the Pioneer touchscreen right in your dashboard.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment