276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Rock n Roll Nanny

£6.995£13.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sally does now realise while writing this book about her life there was a lot of privilege in her upbringing and education. The narrative in the book is recounted with some assistance from Sally’s old diary extracts, and it all adds up to being let in to see what an extraordinary life this remarkable woman has had. Who knew I'd be crying over Lynyrd Skynyrd today? Not me, and yet it happened multiple times while reading the book.

In a world of demanding egos and overly pressing schedules, Sally sought refuge in her true passion, classical music. “ I auditioned for the London Symphony Orchestra Chorus in 1973 and passed“, says. “ It helped me escape insanity, and it was my secret. Until Jagger heard me sing the high notes of “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” on the plane and asked me to bring the choir to sing at Knebworth’s concert in 1976· and i did it!» Eric from St Paul Mn UsaLike another song about big butts (recorded in the 90s by Sir Mix-a-lot); this song still gets a LOT of airplay and requests at wedding receptions, parties, and bars. ironically, skinny girls like both songs too. Voodoocat from Zimbabwe, United StatesLol, this isn't a sexist song. It's explaining that large girls are just as sexy (if not sexier)!! Sally Arnold is a remarkable woman to be able to recall all her memories and capture each of the eras mentioned. Even though it’s a completely different lifestyle to most if not all people, I could picture all her memories clearly in my own head. Growing up in the swinging sixties and working through the turbulent 70’s, the names mentioned that she’s either met, worked for, worked with or dated is truly phenomenal. This book was like a who’s who of the celebrity world through one woman’s life. The book is well written and held my interest throughout so I would definitely recommend that you go and give it a read.The author encounters many famous people in her career, mostly from the music world but also in other areas, including arts, politics and business. These anecdotes are somewhat interesting, but not particularly revealing or remarkable. Most of the musicians reputations are not enhanced by the authors description of events, attitudes and behaviour. Among the many mentioned, a couple do seem to be genuinely decent human beings. Peter Gabriel and Charlie Watts for example; these gentlemen are already well regarded due to their behaviours and activities over many years. Then Sally went onto two more boarding schools, one that was based in a beautiful Tudor house that was in the film The Happiest Days of Your Life. The group raised a few eye-brows when while performing "Fat-Bottomed Girls", a row of semi-nude, over-weight women on bicycles appeared on stage. This year marks 20 years since she was cured of breast cancer. She was the first to proudly tattoo over her mastectomy scar. “ People say they should be brave. But you do what you have to do, there is no alternative, you just keep going” says Sally, who, by the way, chose not to have children of her own. He is relieved to have retired: “ I volunteer helping local teenagers to experience music through my charity Jamming Station. I still enjoy my trips to London, to see old friends, and the long gossipy lunches, but without the alcohol. It’s like poison to me now, it gives me migraines. Maybe because I’ve been lagging…“, he admits.

But, she admits, there was one time when she did slip up. “It was on the Stones tour. I’d only ever seen heroin as yellowy, brown sugar, but this was white. I was so ill. But Woody [Ronnie Wood] and Keith [Richards] looked after me for hours and hours,” she says. “I would never have taken it by choice, because I saw what it did to them. It was all too easy. The same went for sleeping with the group. I didn’t want to be a cliché, and fortunately, it saved my sanity.” Bryan from West Milton, OhMade about a young man that found his manhood when banging his nauty nanny. She must have been a fat bottomed girl...woman. With her Norland and National Nursery Examination Board she got her first job working for a famous jazz singer and actress. I also loved that there are pictures interspersed throughout- I’m not normally a fan but in this context worked perfectly to highlight the hectic nature of her lifestyle. Ira from Milford, CtI must agree with Ken, the "fat bottomed girls" were not written about literally, but as the crazed fans who hung on celebs. Had they only realized the name 'Queen' was not a tribute to Her Majesty.....When I listened to Queen, I never, ever thought- omg, Freddie Mercury is gay. It never mattered- he was a GENIUS (in my opinion). Exceeding the boundaries was never a problem, except once” during the Stones’ European tour in 1976. He was a stupid boy, a roadie, who could have invited me for a drink or a meal, and instead threw himself into an elevator». A plane tragedy changed her life Winston from Potomac, MdSexist things objectify women - so the song is indeed sexist, because the women are characterized by their bottoms.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment