276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Without Merit

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

First, I want everyone to know that this is not a romance novel, just in case you thought it would be. There’s a touch of romance, but nothing swoon worthy. That wasn’t a problem for me – I just had to adjust my mindset, but that only took me ten minutes, max. It’s more of a story about acceptance and understanding – finding yourself, so to speak. Just like many other Colleen Hoover books, there is an important message written in the words.

While Merit’s sense of identity is constantly in conflict with Honor’s, Utah’s identity is rooted firmly in what others think and believe of him. How did this lead to what he did to Merit? How did it inform his behavior afterward? Topics include infidelity, psychiatric and psychosomatic illnesses, necrophilia (sort of), depression, suicide, sexuality, manic-compulsive obsessions, romance, family interaction and even the Syrian refugees. A soup with too many ingredients. At least for me. Merit says she lives in a house and not in a home. And this is correct. They live together in this madhouse, but no one, and especially the adults, are looking after the children. They are only seen at dinner and it is not a pleasant meeting. On the contrary, it is the ideal time to claim one another.Charlize Wynwood and Silas Nash have been best friends since they could walk. They’ve been in love since the age of fourteen. The Voss family is quirky, flawed, and full of secrets. With everything going on at Dollar Voss, it’s easy for Merit to feel pushed to the side or completely ignored. She starts to believe that it would be no great loss to her family if one day she were gone. But before she goes, Merit decides it’s time to clear the air of her family’s darkest secrets and force them to finally face the truth about one another. When she suddenly realizes that she doesn’t want to leave after all, it’s too late. Merit and the rest of the Voss clan are forced to deal with the layers of lies that have tied their family together, and the staggering power of love and truth. Fed up with the lies, Merit decides to shatter the happy family illusion that she’s never been a part of before leaving them behind for good. When her escape plan fails, Merit is forced to deal with the staggering consequences of telling the truth and losing the one boy she loves. A love story between writer and muse, November 9 follows Fallon, a girl with a plan to move across the country, who meets Ben, an aspiring novelist. The pair spends Fallon’s last day in L.A. together and vow to return to each other every year on, you guessed it, November 9.

Ok I have to be honest and admit this is not my favorite CoHo book but.... that doesn't mean I hated it! This book for me was like wine, the longer it sits with me the more I liked it. I also think the more I discuss it with friends the more I am finding I enjoyed it too. I really found it hard to connect with because it had too many strange things. I love a book with an odd character or two but honestly EVERY character in this book was odd. I did laugh a lot and I really enjoyed some of the quotes and saying in this book too. I liked what I got from this story and loved the ending. I always love a good guys in stories so Sagan was my favorite character. He was strong considering the things he had going on in his life and he wasn't dysfunctional. I was very impressed at the changes the characters made once they actually started seeing each other and noticing what was going on in each others lives. These characters grew so much in just the last few chapters of this book. Merit is a unique character. I think she will be relatable to a lot of teenagers, and even adults. We all go through things. We all have familial relationships that aren’t 100% healthy, family members that are a tad bit crazy, and we all have hard times. I would like to say a lot about her story, but it would do a huge disservice to the reader. I loved that Colleen surprised me with this one. There were so many secrets and parts of the story I didn’t see coming, and that’s always a good feeling while reading. Charlize and Silas must work together to uncover the truth about what happened to them and why. But the more they learn about the couple they used to be…the more they question why they were ever together to begin with. Verity (2017) At twenty-two years old, Sydney is enjoying a great life: She’s in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her best friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers that Hunter is cheating on her–and she’s forced to decide what her next move should be. Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in Los Angeles together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.

Morgan is determined to prevent her daughter from making the same mistakes she did. By getting pregnant and married way too young, Morgan put her own dreams on hold. Clara doesn’t want to follow in her mother’s footsteps. Her predictable mother doesn’t have a spontaneous bone in her body. Think of Finding Perfect as a thread that ties multiple Hoover titles together. A sequel novella to Finding Cinderella, a continuation of the All Your Perfects story, and the final iteration of the Hopeless series , Finding Perfect revives the story from the perspective of Daniel, following his relationship with Six and their eventual heartbreak. This mystery romance follows a lifelong couple, Charlie and Silas, who have been in love basically since birth but wake up one day with absolutely no memory of each other. Together, they must work to unravel the truth of what happened to them and why they fell in love in the first place. Poignant and powerful, Without Merit explores the layers of lies that tie a family together and the power of love and truth. When Warren has the opportunity to live with a female roommate, he instantly agrees. It could be an exciting change.

When I reached the end of the book, I felt like there wasnt any real conclusion to the book. Everyone’s issues where still there at the surface. Nothing was really resolved. There was only a bandage put on top of everything that would eventually fall off. Can Ben’s relationship with Fallon—and simultaneously his novel—be considered a love story if it ends in heartbreak? Confess (2015)

Publication Order of It Ends With Us Books

It all begins when Merit meets the beautiful Sagan and in an unforeseen act and without hardly talking they kiss. The best kiss of her life. The problem is that he's her twin sister's boyfriend. The plot so far not bad, but later Merit finds out that Honor has moved her boyfriend Sagan to the house and that complicates everything. Only by courageously facing the stark revelations can Sky and Holder hope to heal their emotional scars and find a way to live and love without boundaries. Losing Hope (2013) I don’t know you guys. It’s like, I can see what CoHo was trying to do here but it was just executed oddly. Yeah, oddly, that’s a good way to put it. There are some deep rooted issues in this book from depressions, to sexual identity, to cheating, to family roles, to alcohol and drug abuse. Somewhere in the story the mark was mixed. Este libro le hubiese servido a Colleen Hoover para escribir varios. Es la primera vez que veo que en un mismo libro se tratan tantos problemas y enfermedades psicológicas y psiquiátricas. Es demasiado. O como dice una amiga "mucho con demasiado". This seems like a big, depressing pity party and I apologize for that. I wish more than anyone that I didn't feel this way about this book but alas, here we are, and I felt the need to get this off my chest.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment