276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Phoenix

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

SF Said is a Fellow of Royal Society Of Literature, andis active in the wider world of literature and the arts. He has judged the Guardian Children's Fiction Prize, the Whitbread Book Awards (now the Costa Book Awards) and the Amnesty CILIP Honour. He has given talks at the British Library, the British Film Institute, the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford, and on BBC Radio 4. He has also written extensively about children's and young adult fiction for both the Guardian and the Daily Telegraph. Here is a selection: Joman, my favourite book is the one I'm writing right now! It's called TYGER - you can read a bit about it here: Questions like that have stayed with me, my whole life long. And the more we've learned about the science of the universe, the more amazing it seems. I wanted to get all that into a book, so Phoenix is a book full of stars; it really does contain a whole galaxy.

Phoenix | Book Talk Phoenix | Book Talk

Our favourite characters were Cludge (14 votes) Varjak (4 votes), Holly (3 votes) and one for scary Sally Bones! Phoenix is so much about love and about connections and about fitting into the great space of the world(s), that I am a little bereft at finishing it. It is - it is something.I have always loved your books. My all time favourite is Phoenix because every sentence I read intruiges me and makes me want to read on and on forever. Both Varjak Paw books were just as spectacular because when something bad happened,it just made me petrified because of your fantastic use of empathy. Will there be any more Varjak books? If so,what would it be about? Although a second Phoenix book would be awesome,I think just the one is amazing. However,Varjak Paw could have more because at the end,it seems like there should be another;Phoenix might not need that. Also,I heard about a book TYGER. I sounds like it will be your best book yet,once it is completed. If your MILLIONS of fans and me read it,we will probably admire you and your work even more. I bet it definitely will be the best book ever! Thanks again for writing them. They are all super books and I admire all of them and I will continue to love them forever,especially Phoenix. Well done.

Phoenix by SF Said - book trailer (created by Dave McKean Phoenix by SF Said - book trailer (created by Dave McKean

My name is Cody and I'm an eleven year old. I loved your book phoenix and got really into it but when I found out there was no second book I was in tears, literally. I have some good ideas on how to re-open the story in the second book and it would be amazing if you used one of them. And of course, that lead me to Varjak Paw. I think I actually read the second book first by mistake, but I was so young at the time it didn't really matter that much. Since then, I've read them countless times. In recent years though, I haven't had as much time to read as I'm now doing my exams. I'm currently reading Stephen King's The Shining, and while originally it probably would have taken me a week or two to read, its now taking me months. :( Hello Yellow - 80 Books to Help Children Nurture Good Mental Health and Support With Anxiety and Wellbeing - This is Phoenix. This is Phoenix. I am sunk by this book and how underneath the layers of space and of aliens and of war, it is a book about humanity and hope and belief and of love. It is a book about being brave. It is a book about fighting for what you believe in. It is a book about hope. About faith.However, when I get the chance, I love to read to my little sister. The first books I read to her was your incredible Varjak Paw duology. I should point out that she's not much of a fiction reader herself, and yet she loved both books and was sad (as I was) to see them come to an end. It was incredible to read the stories again, and understand them on a deeper level now that I'm older. I got actual chills reading through the endings of books 1 and 2 for what might possibly be the hundredth time. I absolutely adore this fascinating novel because it is filled with both excitement and adventure all in one book. I’m not particularly interested in space and astronomy and generally non-fiction subjects. However, this book intrigued me to start reading about the atmosphere and solar system. My favourite character from this imaginative tale is the warrior girl Bixa: she is a wonderful reliable friend, always there to help, even though she IS bossy at times! First of all, thank you so much for leaving me that amazing comment. Phoenix took me seven years to write, but all the hard work feels worthwhile when I hear a response like that. So thank you - you've made my day!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment