276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Brooks Men's Bedlam Running Shoes

£51.665£103.33Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Solid road shoe capable of handling light trails. The extra weight won’t make you speedy, but if you do a lot of running on concrete or asphalt, the protection is well worth it. Excellent for recovery running or working on form. Verdict Stepping into the Brooks Bedlam 3, the shoe had a pretty rigid feel in the sole. I was skeptical, to say the least. Laced up and out the door is where the magic happened. As far as comfort goes, I love how this shoe feels when I'm walking around the office or sitting at the computer. But the comfort dies soon after I start a run.

So, that's how I ended up interested in the Brooks Bedlam 2. Months after my initial pain, while enjoying quality running again and loosened calves, I slipped on the Bedlam 2. This is what happened. First impressions of the Bedlam I started with an easy 5% incline treadmill hike, but my arches began to ache 10 minutes in. Okay, it's normal for a shoe to cause some aches from the get-go—they need to be broken in first. They are made with Fit Knit technology and it provides you with a close-to-foot fit which is lighter, softer, and more breathable than before. You can see from the photo above that there's really no visible wear or tear on the outsole, and that's after 60+ miles. I imagine it can withstand hundreds of miles without a problem. Runners who appreciate soft, energetic shoes and need or want a bit of stability to compensate for a overpronating stride will love the Bedlam 3.

WHO IT'S BEST FOR

I immediately headed off to the gym to get a good treadmill workout in (Colorado is absolutely freezing right now—when the temperature drops below 20, the treadmill and I become best friends). Beginner, novice and advanced runners will love this model as an everyday training shoe for long runs, recovery runs and faster workout sessions. The new diagonally lugged, arrow-pointed outsole on the Brooks Bedlam 3 provides more flexibility and better traction than the previous edition. It’s integrated into the midsole to promote better transitions to the toe-off phase of your stride and help put more spring into every step. FIT, FEEL, RIDE Brooks touts this shoe's energy return, but I don't feel like this is where the shoe shines. Yes, there's energy return, but no more than what I feel when running in a lightly cushioned alternative.

When I unboxed the Bedlam 2, I was pleasantly surprised. This is a downright good-looking shoe! Even my wife commented from across the room, "Wow, those look better than all of your other shoes." Launched in 2010, DNA is a cushioning technology that is also present in most of Brooks’ running shoes.

Brooks Bedlam Upper Info

Although the shoe is a bit on the heavy side, the potential for recovery runs and low-intensity training is impressive. Great initial move for Brooks, although improvements are needed to make this shoe truly shine. So, if you're not a pronator, go ahead and look elsewhere. And if you pronate just the slightest, a minimum to moderate stability shoe is probably more up your alley. It might be a good shoe to consider for your next half marathon. It could help offset the form breakdown from your fatigued legs over the final miles.

Despite having this compound that boasts high energy return, it felt very bottom heavy. The 8mm drop had me landing and lifting off on my midfoot, but because it was so heavy and stiff I felt like I was dragging. Brooks Bedlam Upper Info In a nutshell: my hallux rigidus (basically stiffness in the big toe) was causing my foot to pronate on impact. The Bedlam definitely feels heavier than the Adrenaline for two reasons: The lower drop and design of the upper. The lower drop made the ride feel heavier and clunkier because of how the ride was. Since the upper was so light, the weight felt like it was distributed unevenly. It just didn’t translate well. It felt good on landing, but lifting off it didn’t feel natural. I felt like i was dragging the entire time. The adrenaline’s weight was better distributed and the ride was smoother as a result.The sole uses Brooks’ a DNA AMP midsole. This is Brooks’ answer to energy returning foam that everyone seems to have these days.

I have been looking to try something different and have been so keen for these to work for me because of the really comfy feel and the sense they want to be run fast. This is definitely going to be one of the best looking stability shoes that you have ever seen. Most of them tend to look a bit more orthopedic in nature, but Brooks did a great job keeping it still fast looking and making it compelling visually. You don’t lose anything aesthetically which is great. It doesn’t come in 5 colors like the levitate, we only get two, but still. Because the fit and feel have been enhanced and it’s much lighter, it’s a much more versatile shoe that it was in the past.

Maximum Support

As of now, the most I've been able to run in this shoe consecutively is about 3 miles before the pain starts creeping in. Not a great first experience. Comfort & ride The DNA Guide Rails prevented my foot from pronating, and my leg swung in a more linear pendulum. It does feel like the shoe is forcing me into this positive running form, which is where the pain may be coming from. I love the look of the Bedlam 2, which is another reason I'm so disappointed this shoe just didn't work out for me. I think it's a great looking shoe for running, gym workouts, or casual wear-to-work use. Price The combination of flat laces and fabric loops on the instep side of the shoe allows you to really customize the support you receive on your arch.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment