276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bronzy Carved Constantine Antique Style Lift Arm Kerosene Petrol Lighter

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Astral Projection — Constantine once separated his soul from his body to travel through psyches and dimensions. ( Hellblazer: Joyride) John Constantine first appeared in 1985 as a recurring character in the horror series Swamp Thing, in which he acted as a "supernatural advisor" to the main character.

This tattoo probably needs no explanation of its value. It’s brilliant because it is simple. A colourful design that shows John Constantine in all his alchemical glory. A lit cigarette in the mouth, collars up, ready to take on occult forces without so much as a flinch. When it comes to Constantine and cigarettes, another artefact closely associated with John Constantine is his signature lighter. It appears in several instances across the comics, series and movies. Speaking of Keanu Reeves, his portrayal of John Constantine in the 2005 critically acclaimed film was spectacular. Not only did he imbibe each and every characteristic of the anti-hero, but his performance also took the fandom to another level.Years later, in another place, he steps out of the dark and speaks to me. He whispers: 'I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it.'" After his long stint in Hell, Constantine’s cynicism and world-weariness are hard-earned. Like his private-eye predecessors, he’s a lone wolf. In an exchange cut from the film, Constantine and Papa Midnite (Djimon Hounsou) watch people on the street and Constantine remarks, “Never ceases to amaze me.” Midnite asks, “What?” and Constantine clarifies: “Normal life.” His secret knowledge only deepens his loneliness. He’s always on the outside looking in, wondering just how blissful ignorance would be. Detective skills: In the graphic novel Dark Entries, John considers himself a detective, albeit more focused on the supernatural cases. He has great deduction powers, often using magic to get to the bottom of mysteries. An example of this happened during the Crisis on Infinite Earth, where he was one of the only few who saw it coming. So there you have it! We hope that this list will help you find the perfect Constantine tattoo for you.

Divination — Used a pendulum and map to find the location of a magical disturbance. ( Hellblazer issues four and 182) Constantine's creator, Alan Moore, believes that he has met John Constantine in real life. In 1993, he told Wizard Magazine: This item contains electronic components. While every effort is made to describe them accurately, no guarantee or warranty is made as to the functionality, lifespan or safety of those components. It is entirely incumbent on the new owner to satisfy themselves as to their safe use and maintenance. Exorcism — bound, immobilized, and sealed the Hindu goddess Kali ( Hellblazer issue 180). During the Son of Man arc, Constantine managed to summon and bind a demon by making it physical thus rendering it powerless and vulnerable, before Header shoots it with a shotgun. John also uses the right kind of spell that can destroy gods ( The Trenchcoat Brigade) or destroy them ( The Fear Machine). Constantine can also bound, seal, and control powerful elementals such as Norfulthing. ( Hellblazer issue 246), and high level angels such as Archangel Gabriel ( Fear and Loathing) and the Guardian of Eden ( R.S.V.P.). Comics on their own are a chic idea for tattoos. The very style with the word bubbles, the graphical art and the vibrant colours make them stand out. In this design, John Constantine is seen smoking his favourite Silk Cut cigarettes, sitting on a throne. Some of his iconic dialogues are inked around him in the style of the comic.

Constantine survives, no longer damned or dying of cancer. He replaces cigarettes with nicotine gum. Keanu Reeves reportedly wrote Constantine’s last line, one that sums up his journey tidily: “I guess there’s a plan for all of us. I had to die — twice — just to figure that out. Like the book says, He works His work in mysterious ways. Some people like it, some people don’t.” Asked in 1985 about the similarities between John Constantine and the character Baron Winters (from Marv Wolfman and Gene Colan's Night Force), Moore revealed that he was a "big fan" of Wolfman and Night Force, but that there was "no intention to rip off Baron Winters." He stated Constantine using an offensive spell "Fiat Bloody Lux" to fight off two demons Some examples of Constantine's magic: I sat there and thought, should I go around that corner and see if he is really there, or should I just eat my sandwich and leave? I opted for the latter; I thought it was the safest. I'm not making any claims to anything. I'm just saying that it happened. Strange little story." Lucifer Morningstar aka Satan aka the Devil needs no introduction. He is a recurring character in the DC Universe and is Constantine’s accomplice and nemesis throughout the storyline.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment