276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fireside Games FSG01013 My First Castle Panic, Multicoloured

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Both my three-year-old and my six-year-old enjoyed the game immensely (and keep asking to play again and again, which is always a great sign).”

For example, either of the following “Hero” Castle cards could capture the monster since they both have a blue square. Released in 2018, War Thunder: Siege.Wunderwaffe by Hobby World as Russian version of The Wizard's Tower.

Subscribe to our free newsletter

Fireside Games | Castle Panic". www.firesidegames.com. Archived from the original on 2015-05-19 . Retrieved 2015-05-13. Next, the player moves all monster tokens one space closer to the castle. If a monster would run into the wall in front of the castle destroys the wall but is sent to the dungeon. If a monster would run into the castle, the game is over! The Parent Geeks liked the game for what it was and how it played, but all universally agreed that this was, first and foremost, a children’s game. As one Parent Geek put it, “A good game for the family and the younger players. Too simple for adults.” Which is an understatement when we consider that the suggested minimum age for this game is four-years-old. But as a family game, the Parent Geeks were all most impressed. According to one Parent Geek, “A well planned game with rules that still require you to think, game play that encourages conversation and cooperation, and visually communicates the continuous need to focus on the goal. Great teaching tool and fun game.” When the votes were in, the Parent Geeks gave their approval to My First Castle Panic, finding it to be a fun game for their family gaming tables.

Draw two new monster tokens and add them to the board. Their position is determined by a roll of the dice. Captured monsters go into the Dungeon and the card that was played to catch the monster goes face up in the discard pile and will be shuffled into the draw pile if it runs out. My First Castle Panic, like its predecessor Castle Panic, is a co-operative game in which players work together to defend their castle, but this game removes the reading requirement of the earlier one and fosters the development of educational skills, such as identifying colors and shapes, problem solving, and turn taking. As you would expect, setup is incredibly simple. Lay out the board, place the castle on the castle space, and the wall on the space in front of it. Find the three starting monsters (they have a star on them). Place them on the first three spaces of the board, beginning with the start space. Lay out the remaining monster tokens face down near the board. We like to put the bottom of the box behind the castle because it is the dungeon where defeated monsters go.

My First Castle Panic is a cooperative game where the players are trying to stop the monsters from smashing up their castle. Each player starts the game with a single face-up card and three monsters waiting for them along the path to the castle. Every card can capture a monster from a space that matches the shape and color of its icon. So the hero card with the green triangle can capture the monster on the green triangle space on the board. There are also a few hero cards that function like wild cards because they have all symbols or all colors; these give the players a bit more flexibility. Cards have a hero and a colored shape on them. The goal of the game is to prevent the parade of various goblins from storming your castle. All players work together cooperatively! Setup One of my very favorite cooperative games of all time is Castle Panic by Fireside Games. It’s described as a tower defense board game. To be honest, that description alone had me completely sold. I’ve always been a huge fan of tower defense video games - and I always love fantasy themes. To set up the game, first unfold and place the game board in the middle of the playing area where all the players can easily see and reach it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment