276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Over My Dead Body: The Next Thriller from the Sunday Times Bestselling Author, the Latest Must-Read New Book of 2021 (William Warwick Novels)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

DISCLOSURE: Thank you to Harper Collins UK Audio via Netgalley for providing an audio ARC of Over My Dead Body for review. All opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own personal opinions. In that case,’ continued the young man, not looking convinced, ‘you’ll be able to tell me what the exchange rate was between the dollar and the pound when the currency market opened this morning.’ In London, the Metropolitan Police have set up a new Unsolved Murders Unit to catch the criminals nobody else can. Four victims. Four cases. All killers poised to strike again. In Geneva, millionaire art collector Miles Faulkner, convicted of forgery and theft was pronounced dead two months ago. So why is his unscrupulous lawyer still representing a dead client? And who is the mysterious man his widow is planning to marry? This is my first read of Jeffrey Archer, although i have been aware of him as both a politician and author for many years. Ive left it late but this one at least certainly didnt disappoint.

Narrator George Blagden gave an excellent performance, but then I would expect nothing less from such a distinguished actor. You have a tiny birthmark just below your left ear that you’ve tried to hide by growing your hair, although that will have to be cut short when you join the FBI.’

William put the book he was reading on the table in front of him and took a closer look at the earnest young American who seemed desperate not to be thought of as a child, although he hadn't started shaving. The word 'preppy' immediately came to mind.

William and his wife are having a rare holiday on a luxury liner at someone else’s expense when he comes across a rich family whose grandson is very much like a young William with a curious mind. When the unthinkable happens William finds himself investigating a tragedy… There are loan-sharks, drug dealers, a con-artist and East End gangs involved, but most of all William and DI Ross Hogan intend to go after Faulkner. A huge cast of characters, but the writing style is so easy and the story telling so well plotted that you never find yourself confused.The book starts with William and his wife on a transatlantic cruise, meeting a young member of a very wealthy American family Williams skills are called on when the head of this rich dynasty dies on board. I’d enjoy that. Around this time of the morning would suit me, because that’s when my wife will be at her yoga class. But there’s one proviso: should you ever meet her, you won’t tell her what we’ve been talking about.’ ABOUT 'OVER MY DEAD BODY': In London, the Metropolitan Police set up a new Unsolved Murders Unit—a cold case squad—to catch the criminals nobody else can. Although should you ever mention the Met to my wife, she’ll assume you’re talking about one of the finest museums on earth, rather than London’s police force.’ Cunning plots, silken style…Archer plays a cat-and-mouse game with the reader.” —The New York Times

You’re about six or seven pounds overweight, and, as this is the first day of the voyage, you can’t blame the never­ ending meals they serve on board ships.’On a luxury liner en route to New York, the battle for power at the heart of a wealthy dynasty is about to turn to murder. Estate agent, car salesman and funeral director, all of which we were fairly confident wouldn’t be followed by never-ending questions.’ THE AUTHOR: Jeffrey Howard Archer, Baron Archer of Weston-super-Mare (born 15 April 1940) is an English author and former politician. Archer’s major talent shines in his ability to create likable yet flawed protagonists, and villains no one wants to root for. It doesn’t hurt that he can craft a story like no else can." That must be a first,’ William replied, immediately regret­ ting his words, although the young man laughed for the first time. ‘Close your eyes,’ said William. He waited for a moment before saying, ‘Describe me.’

But why choose a banker as your cover?' asked the young man. 'Because I have the feeling you wouldn't know the difference between a spreadsheet and a balance sheet.' You must also be able to ask the relevant questions of suspects, witnesses and colleagues. Avoid making assump­tions. And above all, you have to be patient. Which is why women often make better police officers than men. Finally, you must be able to use all your senses – sight, hearing, touch, smell, and taste.’Do you know what you want to do when you leave school? That’s assuming you’re not still hoping to be a hitman.’

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment