276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Overnight Guest: A Novel

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The atmosphere! Author Heather Gudenkauf had me doubling up the blankets and searching for hot chocolate (with marshmallows!) as I read about the blizzard which kept Wylie and the child snowed in. Maybe we can go outside and play?” the girl said as she peeked around the edge of the heavy curtain that covered the window. The sky was gray and soft drops of rain tapped at the glass.

Heather Gudenkauf has been on my must-read list for years. The comments Carol Fitzgerald made about THE OVERNIGHT GUEST in the Bookreporter newsletter got me even more excited than usual for her latest thriller. I am pleased to report that not only was I not disappointed, it is easily one of the most addictive novels I have read in quite a while.

Heather Gudenkauf

What a w An isolated farmhouse, a deadly snowstorm, and a small child found in the snow – those are the ingredients for Gudenkauf’s latest up-all-night thriller. Scrupulously plotted and layered with multiple narratives that culminate in some explosive surprises, The Overnight Guest is Gudenkauf at her best. A chilling and heart-stopping stunner.” — Kimberly Belle, internationally bestselling author of My Darling Husband I flew through this book in only a few sittings. It was supposed to be a buddy read but sadly I left Susanne far behind as I just couldn’t put it down. (Sorry Susanne)💕 Deeply unnerved, Wylie decides to concentrate on helping and connecting with the silent child in her home. Something extremely strange is going on, and she’s determined to protect him from whatever harm may come. But will her own fears hamper her when the crucial moment arrives?

We may ask your visitor to leave on any reasonable grounds (such as their behaviour, or the need for evacuation of the building). Shifting among three separate storylines in a fiendishly clever way, The Overnight Guest is just about the most structurally innovative mystery we’ve read since The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle. In the present day, true-crime writer Wylie Lark is holed up in a cabin in rural Iowa during a brutal snowstorm. While searching for her dog in the snow, Wylie comes across a traumatized young boy and his injured mother, who mysteriously disappears. That puzzle opens up additional timelines…and trust us, you don’t want us to spoil them for you! Let’s just say that Heather Gudenkauf makes us work for every piece of this fascinating puzzle—and we love her for it. By the time we started to grasp what was really going on, we were almost as soaked with fear as the characters. This is an ideal thriller to hunker down with during a long, wintry night. Just be sure to leave the lights on.” -Apple Books We should be notified if you intend to have an overnight visitor via the Overnight Visitor Request Form. First, a crime that happened in the summer of 2000, involving two people being shot and two more going missing.Heather Gudenkauf writes a superb, captivating😉 thriller that just might keep you guessing throughout!

You are responsible for returning your guests’ keys at the end of their stay. If the guest key is lost, you must report this before your guest leaves. Electronic access fobs/card will be cancelled to prevent further access from 10:00 on the last day of the stay, therefore please ensure your guest does not require access after this time. A woman receives an unexpected visitor during a deadly snowstorm in this chilling thriller from New York Times bestselling author Heather Gudenkauf.

Advance Praise

Potential villain in case owns and drives a snowplow that also randomly arrives at the author’s home on this night☑️ They turned away from the sound and, hand in hand, ran through the dark farmyard toward the cornfield—its stalks, a tall, spindly forest, their only portal to safety. Don’t go borrowing trouble,” came a soft voice. Janice, Butler’s wife of thirty-two years, slipped an arm around his waist and laid her head against his shoulder. Her rational mind knew that she had nothing to fear, but she couldn’t think. Beads of cold sweat popped out on her forehead and a low hum filled her ears. We may exclude any visitor where we believe it to be necessary for the health, safety, or welfare of others, or to protect our property.

I’m a bit of a control freak as a reader, and I like knowing where things are headed (generally, at least.) In this story, I wasn’t sure where it was going or if I wanted to go there. At first I was a little perturbed as to why we were jumping around so much to these seemingly unrelated stories. I knew they would tie in eventually, but jumping around is not my favorite thing. However, the more I got into The Overnight Guest, the more I understood the importance of these three different parts. I quite liked Wylie, even though she was a bit of a mystery. Quiet, seemed to be afraid of the dark, but chose willingly to live in the middle of no where while writing this book. I was very curious about her family issues she mentioned here and there. She just seemed like an interesting individual. She also was a good individual. She tried to help those around her, even at the risk of injury herself. The Overnight Guest is a dual timeline story; a blistering cold night in the present-day and hot summer of 2000. As horrifying as this may sound to some, Wylie isn't concerned. She's got a fireplace and enough supplies to last her until the storm passes.The Overnight Guest is an atmospheric and gripping thriller about a missing teenage girl linked to a horrific crime and the true-crime writer who attempts to unravel the missing pieces.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment