276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Welcome to Weaver Street: The first in a heartbreaking and heartwarming new WW1 series

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Living Room - 21' x 11'9" maximum - Large full height double glazed window overlooking Nicholas Street with views towards the Chester Racecourse and the Welsh Hills in the distance, ceiling light point, four semi-recessed ceiling spotlights, two Dimplex electric storage heaters, TV aerial point, telephone video intercom entry system and wood strip flooring. Sliding partition door to Dining Room/Occasional Bedroom. First time I’ve read a book by this author and love the easy style of writing. This novel about Kitty and Tom Conlon who move to Liverpool in July 1916 to claim the house Tom’s great-uncle has bequeathed him in his will was a great storyline. Weaver Street in Chester is in the North West region of England. The postcode is within the Chester City & the Garden Quarter ward/electoral division, which is in the constituency of City of Chester. One reason might have been the numbing to the violence of that year, 1922, when many more children were killed. Historian Alan F Parkinson estimates that just under 50 children were killed violently in Belfast during sectarian violence from the summer of 1920 to the summer of 1922.

I want to thank Netgalley and the author for gifting me the ebook. I was able to find the audio version through my local library. I really enjoyed this novel. I have been tired if listening about war novels that talk about seeing blood shed and in the middle of it. Even though I enjoy those books they get depressing. I really enjoyed this novel because it is about group of women who live in a small town and even though they talk about the war it is more about what they are doing as neighbors etc. In this area (Weaver Street, Tower Hamlets, London), 64% of the residents were born in the United Kingdom, which is significantly below the UK average. When he goes into the navy, she finds an inner strength to keep going. I loved the friendships she made with the other girls at work and in Weaver Street, who each have their own worries and problems to work out. I especially warmed to Beth, who initially used to sneak out of her house to visit Kitty only when her father wouldn’t find out. But Kitty gave her the motivation to stand up to her father a bit more and to control her own life. All the female characters are particularly well written. The final, most savage and most prolonged peak of killings was not in response to the signing of the Treaty but came in the spring of 1922. This period differed from earlier upsurges in that the killings were not concentrated in a few days – now, they were continuous and sustained. May saw the launching of the IRA’s ill-fated Northern Offensive, organised with the assistance of both sides of the Treaty split in the south. This was the single worst month of the entire pogrom period, with seventy-five killings.

Property Sales Data For Knights Court, Weaver Street, CHESTER, CH1 2BQ

We believe every child deserves a new gift at Christmas so we are unable to take used or second hand items for the Christmas Present Appeal. The census collection is designed so that each group of postcodes should contain at least 100 people (50 in Scotland). Over the years, millions of children and young people have benefited from gifts donated to The Salvation Army. At the time of the 2021 census, across the UK 18.3% of residents had no qualification, 9.5% had 1-4 GCSEs, 13.4% had 5+ GCSEs and 1-2 A/AS-Levels, 16.9% had 2+ A-Levels, 33.7% had a degree (or similar), and 5.4% had an apprenticeship.

Christian faith during the week, when our doors are open to offer programmes and activities for the whole community. Robert Lynch, The People’s Protectors? The Irish Republican Army and the “Belfast Pogrom,” 1920–1922, Journal of British Studies, Vol. 47, No. 2 (April 2008), p377

30% Off All Packaged Teas

But many more were innocent of any violent activity at the time they were killed: people shot in their homes by stray bullets; people abducted and killed by the police “murder gang”; people shot by snipers from the other side while trying to flee to safety; people killed at, or on their way to or from work; children killed while playing or on their way to Sunday School; people caught by hostile mobs in the wrong place or on the wrong tram. The geography of killing People flee snipers on Belfast’s York Street. For Scotland, 2011 data is shown (update coming soon, the Scottish census was delayed by a year unlike the rest of the UK). As a country with a diverse population, the UK is home to other sizable ethnic groups, with mixed ethnicity (2.8%), Indian (3.1%) and Pakistani (2.7%) being the largest groups reported. So why, if most nationalists lived in west Belfast, did two-thirds of the total number of killings take place in north and east Belfast? There are two possible explanations. Kitty and Tom Conlon arrive in Liverpool in July 1916 to claim the house Tom's great-uncle bequeathed to him in his will. The move to England couldn't have come at a better time. Dublin is in turmoil following the Easter uprising and Kitty's brother is now in prison. The house in Weaver Street is all they hoped for, and after a shaky start with her new neighbours, Kitty believes the world is her oyster. Until that is, Tom is conscripted into the Navy.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment