276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Viking Peregrine ED 8x42 Binoculars

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Unsurprisingly I favoured the 10x42 in these instances as the extra magnification allowed me to make out more detail on the Viking don't provide light transmission percentages, but it's evident the Peregrine ED binoculars are sharper and brighter than their cousins. Binoculars which offer a 8x42 focal range are becoming increasingly popular in the market. These binoculars provide a blend of high-quality optics with a powerful magnification zoom. The 8x42 binoculars are incredibly versatile and suitable for use with a wide range of activities. For example, activities such as birdwatching and wildlife observation are perfect for these binoculars. They strike a fine balance between the 8x magnification zoom and the close zoom focus. The Nitrogen filled optics on the Peregrine 8x42 binoculars, ensure that there is no fogging which is a birdwatching nightmare and a common problem with a lot of inferior optics.Viking confidently give these binoculars a 10 year warranty, so you can rest assured that the binoculars will give pleasure for years to come. The Viking Badger 8x42 binoculars are perfect for both intermediate users and beginners. The powerful 8x zoom is suitable for all activities and the optics always ensure a high-quality performance. These binoculars perform exactly as they should and certainly feel fantastic to use. Features such as the multi-coated lenses are present here to help increase the processing of light. This ensures that these binoculars can also provide images which are bright and defined. Not bad when considering the price that these are able for.

The overall build design of the Viking Peregrine feels fantastic. It provides a durable and compact design without feeling heavy. Those that are using these binoculars for birdwatching will find it to be the perfect companion for this. At 600 g, the Peregrine feels quite light and, to me, perfectly balanced. I like the overall design, down to the high ‘viscosity’ of the hinge, which ensures that, once the interpupillary distance is correctly adjusted, it is not easily moved from its setting. Looking in to the sun is more of a test, one which the Peregrine binoculars handles admirably. With both the 8x and 10x models, I couldn't see any fringing in the centre of the view, with a small amount creeping in at the edge Some binoculars, especially larger sizes, have a tripod mounting, but it is far from standard. Are binoculars waterproof?

Kamakura Koki has established de facto world standard in the extra wide-angle binocular technology with the leading technology in the industry coupled with the development capability.

Viking Optical, formerly Charles Frank, is enjoying its 32nd year of operating in the British optics market and appears to be going from strength to strength. Maintaining pace with the demand for affordable, quality optics, the company is not short on ideas for keeping its product range fresh and up to date. The Viking Peregrine ED binoculars achieve the highest marks in every aspect. Pairing superior optics with a high quality build design provides excellent value for your money. The binoculars perform incredibly well and finding any faults is difficult. Regardless of weather condition or environment, you can guarantee that the Viking Peregrine ED will deliver high-end results. Verdict The Viking Peregrine ED 8×42 Binoculars feature fully multicoated optics and Extra Low Dispersion glass to provide the highest quality images. The dielectric coated BAK 4 prisms also help ensure images are sharper and brighter. With the Viking Peregrine ED 8×42 Binoculars you can view nature in more detail and clarity than ever before, wherever you go. This is due to the binoculars lightweight and compact body making it the perfect travel companion. If birding is a huge part of your life, these binoculars are a vital investment. The optics are as good as anything out there, the ergonomics are pretty much unmatched, and they come with the peace of mind provided by Swarovski’s renowned customer service. There’s a price for all that, but you need never buy another pair of binoculars again. The Viking Badger binoculars utilise the same durable build design as mentioned previously. The same rubber-armour coating is available to offer fantastic protection and prevent any water damage. This ensures that they are ready for anything the weather may throw at them. Furthermore, this bundle comes with some additional accessories. These accessories include a carry case and a rain guard for some further protection.A key feature of these binoculars is the extra low dispersion glass that we use in the lens construction, to promote sharper images with a finer contrast. James tested our binoculars on an October morning which he described as being “lovely and crisp”, he continued by saying “the light gathering power of these binoculars is really, very good and on another level to bins without. And given the bright images being displayed in low light, just after dawn – this is very noticeable through the Peregrines.” Any optics watcher will have noticed that more and more binoculars are coming onto the market with low dispersion glass and an ‘open bridge’ design. The high prices of top-end binoculars won’t have escaped their attention either. Viking Optical’s Chinese-made ED models, an 8x42 and a 10x42, are the top of their range. These are described by Viking as ‘premium quality, affordable price’ and ‘a binocular of the highest standard’. They have ED glass, for ‘brighter, sharper images, free of colour aberration’, an ergonomic open bridge, and a price tag with just three digits. The ED42s are supplied with a wide neoprene strap, a hard zip-up case, and a rainguard.

Objective lens: The large lenses at the front of the binoculars – a larger lens means more light, a brighter image, and better low-light performance, but will be heavier. It's no surprise then to find the Viking Peregrine ED is the most expensive of the three models, so in my latest review I'll be taking a look at whether it can live up to its namesake. The Viking Peregrine binoculars are the latest release within the Viking range. Designed to offer the highest possible performance, these binoculars are certainly top of the class. Pairing phase-coated prisms with Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass creates crystal-clear images. Furthermore, the overall build quality ensures that these binoculars remain protected in all weather conditions. the 8x42 displayed its slightly superior brightness. This was even more apparent in the late afternoon, as the larger exit pupil allowed more light to reach my eyes. True to life colour, no chromatic aberration, excellent contrast and sharpness, and superb low-light performance, plus an outstanding 139m@1000m field of view – everything you’d expect from Swarovski. But what really makes these a step forward from the already-excellent ELs is the design. The balance is perfect, making them easy to hold steady in extended use, and they feel lighter than they are. The typically well-made accessories include a detachable forehead rest – it all adds up to binoculars that are a pleasure for the eyes and the hands.The Viking Peregrine 8x42 ED binoculars provide the largest eye-relief within this range ( 20mm). In comparison, the other two Viking Peregrine models will provide 15.7mm which will still offer great comfort. Throughout testing, the twist-down eyecups provided great comfort during use. This helps to prevent any irritation or discomfort during long-term use. Perfect for spending the day birdwatching. Performance to operate, while I found my middle finger resting on the bridge and the other two wrapped around the front of the barrel. Though I generally use two hands to maintain a steady image, I reluctantly gave the Peregrine ED binoculars a 7 for build quality as I feel the eyecups are inferior to those on similarly priced binoculars, but that's one minor niggle that is more than made In addition to this, the multi-coated lenses and phase-coated prisms further enhance the overall quality. The multi-coated lenses help maximise the light transmission through the binoculars and create a crystal-clear image. The use of phase-coated prisms help to increase colour fidelity to define the image. These are very impressive and the overall image is outstanding. From the time spent with the binoculars, it was clear that they certainly offer the best results.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment