276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Book of Paper Airplanes (Klutz)

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Erin ha tutto. Amici, un buon lavoro, è sposata con Daniel che è l'amore della sua vita, abita a New York dove si sta costruendo un futuro. This book obviously hit really close to home. It was so emotional for me and I felt Erin’s pain while reading it. It’s a heartbreaking story and one that too many people had to live through. Erin’s journey through grief was painful to follow but, ultimately, explores the strength and resilience of the human spirit.

If you don't mind the content warnings, this is a beautiful book for remembering the tragedy that turns 20 this year.Paper Airplanes provides an insight into that day, told from the perspective of a wife who lost her husband. The reader follows Erin on her journey of chaotic grief over a period of ten years. This book is so emotionally charged that although it was easy to get immersed, I found it quite difficult to read, the onslaught of unforgiving emotion was quite tough. I'm not sure I would read it again, however the author appeared to be perspicacious in their writing.

Similar content to 1st book, concerning why paper airplanes fly, more hands-on experiments to demonstrate principles. Also a teachers guide for this book is available from the publisher with more paper airplane information] A moderate variation on a pretty standard plane, the look is nothing to crow about, but the accuracy is unrivaled. Capable of handling numerous throw speeds, the rear gap keeps airflow centered for a bullseye accurate launch every time. If it misses the mark, it’s operator error. First you fold the paper in half lengthwise, and then unfold. This initial crease is simply a guideline for the next folds. In addition, paper planes resemble flight itself! As early as 500 BC, they found the first folding paper airplane that came from China. The popularity of these paper airplane flying toys is the same as the paper-folding craft of origami, which grew in Japan around the same time in China.

Paper Airplane Facts

By comparison the wings of a four passenger airplane have a Reynolds Numbers of up to about 6,000,000. Also, remember the transition from laminar to turbulent? That happens at a Reynolds number of no less than about 10,000, so the first ½ to ¼ of the flow over a paper airplane's wing is laminar. Since the Reynolds Number is much less than for full sized airplanes, this means viscosity is much more dominant, resulting in more drag, and more difficulty in creating lift. Many thanks to Netgalley and She Writes Press for sharing a free copy with me in exchange for a honest review. All opinions are my own.]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment