276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Super Antenna MP1LX Tripod HF 40m-10m Portable HF Antenna with Go Bags for ham

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They deal with aluminum tubing in a big way. I love my 43 foot antenna from them. It was a natural first place to go for a supply of antenna components. Buy, Make and Take– This design’s strength is its simplicity, portability, availability and modest cost. Yagi Ready– Because the elements are continuously tunable from about 13 MHz to well past 30 MHz, the prospect of arraying two or more of these assemblies, in Yagi-Uda fashion, is exciting. A future article on simulations of this antenna will explore this. Then in the third video I add a parasitic element (whose length and position is critical) for some gain and directivity on 21 MHz.

gauge stranded wire (minimum 50 feet or ½ wavelength at the lowest frequency you will use), plus extra for a counterpoise. If you will be running QRP only, you can use wire as small as 22 gauge. I have another choke balun for higher power using RG142 coax. Following Jim’s advice once again, I used three cylindrical toroids with 3 or 4 wraps each. This yields three lower impedance chokes in series to achieve the high choke impedance goal in the upper HF range. I used this in the Field Day setup shown below with success. wavelength wire on 10 MHz (again with a little gain good for DX). Overall this is my most used portable antenna due to its speed of erection and performance. Other tests reveal the ground does have some effect and broadens the bandwidth from 7% to about 10%. That’s clearly loss in the soil and not a surprise. These measurements were made in haste as I was marking the various tube settings with a sharpie. The good news is I could easily, very very easily, achieve close to 1:1 if I spent more time. A Return Loss of 25 dB or more is well within reach of this antenna topology. An antenna coupler. L-matches are good for end-fed or coax fed antennas while balanced types are good for balanced feedline antennas. Ideas at

Video: Quick Super Antenna

One of the key features of our high-quality antennas is their modular and customizable design. We understand that each user has unique communication requirements, and our antennas are engineered to adapt to those needs. Our state-of-the-art technology and materials guarantee reliable and consistent performance, even in the most demanding environments. Furthermore, our antennas are compatible with all types of radios, making them a versatile option for professionals, hobbyists, and everyone in between.

If you've got down this far you'll see there's numerous possibilities for wire antennas. Key choices include (i) single or multi band, (ii) local or DX bias in performance If you are not on travel status then you can use the Telescoping pole to hold the antenna up. If you use two poles then you can set up where no trees are to be found The major point about aluminum is the relative ease of nesting one inside the other to yield a long antenna from short components. As one of the goals of this Asymmetrical Hatted Vertical Dipole is portability, this had instant appeal.From HF to 50/144/430 MHz, enjoy a variety of bands in D-STAR DV, SSB, CW, AM and FM modes. The IC-705 receives continuously from the medium wave broadcast band to 144 MHz band. You can also enjoy FM broadcast and air band reception. When it comes to staying connected in critical situations worldwide, Chameleon Antenna is the definitive game-changer. Our impressive range of reliable and versatile antennas ensures that you can maintain communication no matter where you find yourself. Our cutting-edge technology guarantees an exceptional communication experience that you can depend on.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment